EFI to Carb Conversion

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Windchaser

Reaction score
Hey all, I am back. It has been a while since I have signed in here, but it is good to be back. I was too depressed to talk Broncos when mine was dead due to an idiot using an impact wrench on three cross-threaded manifold bolts and cracked three of the journals. So now, I finally have some new heavy-duty heads with roller rockers versus the old one. I also realized that four of my injectors were shot along with some of my wiring. SO, I have bought a new intake (carb intake) as well as a Holley 780cfm dual pump double feed beast of a carb. Now, I need to pull the switcheroo, and am wondering if anyone knows where some literature can be found on this or if y'all know anything about how to go about it. I know that my fuel pump will work, but I am wondering what wires I can get rid of (I want it to run off as few wires as possible), if the fuel lines will work, etc. What Say You?

Thanks,

Windchaser

BLADE262US

Reaction score
Youll have to run a 3 port regulator with a return in order to use your intank pump fuel pressure is way too high other wise . If you are going to dump the EFI then the only wires you need in that harness are the ones for the oil pressure gauge and the coolant temp gauge . :D /emoticons/[email protected] 2x" width="20" height="20" />

Seabronc

Reaction score
You will also need to go to a simpler ignition system such as the Duraspark II ignition system used on mid 80's Broncos or one of the performance systems that are compatable.

The computer can also be trashed, since it will no longer have a purpose in life.

Like Blades said the EFI fuel pressure is too high for a carb, the fuel pressure for the carb should be around 7 psi.

Good luck,

:)>-

Last edited by a moderator:
OP
OP
W

Windchaser

Reaction score
Anyone know of a website? And I figured that my fuel pump would work as that it pumps 4-8psi, just where the Holley would need it.

Seabronc

Reaction score
I believe you have two fuel pumps on that truck, one in the tank and one external . If I remember right, the one in the tank is a low pressure pump and the external one is a booster to get the pressure required for injectors. You will have to remove the external pump if you haven't already.

There is a great we site by a guy named Ron Morris. He deals specifically with conversions in either direction. If you don't see what you want on his site, you can contact him directly. http://www.ronmorrisperformance.com/index.html

Goood luck,

:)>-

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Boone_23