Fuel Filter Removal 1996 5.8L

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Shep

Reaction score
Hello. I'm having a **** of a time removing my fuel filter. I have an assorment of quick disconnect tools. I have applied ****. I can't get the front line disconnected. What type tools are u using? Any thoughts. Thanks again for all of your help.

Shep

miesk5

96 Bronco 5.0
Staff member
Reaction score
yo,

I use da Scissor type tool as shwon here

Installation & Diagrams; Scissors Type; "...Step 1: For the best chance of getting it apart on the first try, start by pushing the coupling together HARD so the fingers of the bail are NOT touching the catch ring on the filter. Step 2: While holding the coupling firmly together, insert the tool (I prefer the regular or low-profile scissor) fully. It may be necessary to rotate the tool so its gap does NOT align with any of the fingers, thus holding them all clear of the catch ring. Step 3: With the tool fully against the catch ring, pull the filter & tool out of the coupling..." Read More; Steve also shows Collar/clamshell tools Source: by Steve83

http://www.supermotors.net/clubs/superford/vehicles/registry/media/497461

&

Installation in a 95; "...Insert the fuel line release tool into the fuel line. Insert the tool as far as possible. Push the line and the tool, in unicen, towards the filter. Then, in one motion, pull the line and tool off the filter. It may take a few tries to get it. On the tank side of the filter, a lot of fuel will come out. Be prepared. I got a ton of fuel all over me, including in my eyes..." Source: by Ian L (stangmata, stangmata50l, Bronco)

Some say hardly any fuel comes out...but....Ian relieved pressure by making sure Engine and surrounding parts are Cold. then using fuel rail schrader valve

others start engine then @ Inertia Fuel Cut-Off Switch; Turn it off pry the slot under the red button (later years) with a small screwdriver to pop it up - press it in when done

Inertia Fuel Cut-Off Switch Location pic in 92-96; as Steve83 pointed-out, "...The module I MIS-labelled as "Airbag" is actually the Wiper Control Module (WCM). The Airbag Diagnostic Module (ADM) is light blue, wrapped in black foam, above the gas pedal..."

Source: by Ryan M (Fireguy50) at http://fordfuelinjection.com/public/inertia_switch_87-96.jpg

Hammer13

Reaction score
i use the scissors and if there's any fuel pressure it will spray.

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Gryph