92 Bronco Eddie Bauer

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

vkipp

Reaction score
I had been investigating two noises, a loud noise in cab while driving (I think it was coming from under and rear of driver), and a loud exhaust, not quite metalic roughness (at start up, but goes away after about 5 min).

Then yesterday after not driving for a week, and running the fuel nearly empty (27.1 gal on fill-up), I was getting ready to go to work and after about 100 yards it stalled out on me. Engine Check light came on. I let it sit for a second cranked it up and tried again. RPMs gauge was bouncing around, and then it stalled out again. AFter about 10 min of going through the same process I shifted into 2nd and was able to limp home. Check Engine light on the whole time.

Liquid levels are good before, during and after. I drove it the day before with no problems.

What can it be? I think maybe something in my fuel line or injectors due to my low fuel. but then why not problems the first day, and why 2nd gear operating ok.

I am starting to think that what ever one of the noises was, it got worse.

Help me out if you can.

Shadow_D

Reaction score
Welcome to the Bronco Zone!
clap.gif
/biggrin.gif' class='bbc_emoticon' alt=':D' /><' />

It sounds like it could be one of three problems.

1) You may have gotten bad gas or watter in the gas

2) Your fuel filter could be plugged.

3) Your transmission or transfer case took a crap.

Letting the tank get that low could have allowed all the debris that is in the tank get picked up and stuck in the filter.

"not quite metalic roughness (at start up, but goes away after about 5 min). "

Are you talking about a metal on metal grinding sound? Is it doing this when you are moving or in park?

What type of transmission do you have?

Have you checked the transmission fluid lately?

What about the transfer case fluid?

Check both for level and if there are signs of metal filings / chunks in both fluids.

Good luck

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Sufferedformula