windshield wiper problem

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Devil Dog08

Reaction score
hey everyone hope things are well with you guys.things been good with my 95 full size until today . my wipers wont shut off. i have delay wipers all speed work fine . the washers work also . the only way to get them off is to turn the key off. any suggestions? thanks

miesk5

96 Bronco 5.0
Staff member
Reaction score
yo DD,

Testing Diagram & Instructions in 92-96 Source: by Ford via Steve83 (Steve, That dirty old truck) at SuperMotors.net

NOTE: The ground wire test at the top is only for motors that DO NOT RUN normally.

http://www.supermotors.net/getfile/878621/fullsize/wipermotorrevised.jpg

Wiper Motor Connectors

Wiper Control Module (WCM) Location pic in 92-96; as Steve83 pointed-out, "...The module I MIS-labelled as "Airbag" is actually the Wiper Control Module (WCM). The Airbag Diagnostic Module (ADM) is light blue, wrapped in black foam, above the gas pedal..."

Source: by Ryan M (fireguy50) at fordfuelinjection.com

Diagnosis in 92-96; "...Why a Wiper Control Module May Fail; Electrical overload; The electrical signal to module is interrupted in any way; The signal it puts out is not interpreted properly by the wiper motor Related Components to Check; Appropriate fuses (see Shop or Owner’s Manual for fuse layout); Wiper/Multi-Function Switch (MFS); Appropriate electrical connections to the wiper motor..." by Ford motorcraft.com

btw, there was a WCM Lawsuit Source: by State of Minnesota lawlibrary.state.mn.us

Bronco Kid!

Reaction score
hey im curious if your wiper switch is located on the collum with a lever if it is then you may have to pull the plastic covers off of your steering collum and 9 times out of 10 just replace the whole switch assembly..

OP
OP
Devil Dog08

Devil Dog08

Reaction score
well just got in from taking the covers off the coulum. .sprayed the contacts with cleaner waited for the stuff to dry. working fine now. i guess between all the rain and moister we are having here the dirt on the contacts caused this problem ..............thanks everyone for all your help

Last edited by a moderator:

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Boone_23