windshield wiper conversion???

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

riggermortis

Reaction score
hi, i have a '67 that originaly had vacume wipers. someone has changed them to two individual motors, and now i have bought the newer style wiper setup with one motor and linkage. does anyone know where to drill the holes in the frame or can you change the length of the linkage to make it work with the old style frame? any info would be great !! thanks

Bully Bob

TOP GUN
Reaction score
rigger..,

I don't think the holes changed (check me on this) (measure against a later model). And.., like you said, try putting it in & test by hand (not hooked to motor) You'll soon know.

OP
OP
riggermortis

riggermortis

Reaction score
i was hoping that someone with a later style windshield would join in on this. looking at pictures on internet, ebay, ect.... they look like they are placed farther to the drivers side of the frame. i tried to put the linkage into the holes and it would not go all the way in, and it seemed like it was streatched to reach them. i will go try again, because i didnt have a lot of time to mess with it then.

Bully Bob

TOP GUN
Reaction score
YES..., they're offset to the driver side so that the pass. side wiper has a place to rest...& not run off the side of the windshield.

Can't measure yours fr. here so you're going to have to do it, & post your results. Then there will be a point to compare to/from. It's poss. someone plugged & re-drilled yours...or at least one of them.

OP
OP
riggermortis

riggermortis

Reaction score
hi, i have decided to lengthen the driver side linkage and mount it in the exsisting holes. there is enough room for the pass. side to rest without going off the edge. so i shouldnt have any problems. thanks for the input.

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Boone_23