Torque Question

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

gman

Reaction score
Help-can't find my haynes! Can someone please tell me the proper torque for the front wheel bearing lock nuts (the two in the hub that hold the wheel on) for a 70 bronco w/ Dana 30?

Thanks in advance,

B

davids78bronco

fabricator extraordinaire
Reaction score
I've always tightened the spindle nuts until it was snug, then turned another 1/8 turn, and 1/16 turn backward

ID68halfcab

Reaction score
I just went thu my new 44 front end before the install. The inner nit gets torque to 50 ft lbs then bacekd off if needed to fit lock ring washer. Outer nut is the torqued to 100 ft lbs per Ford. Hope this helps :D /emoticons/[email protected] 2x" width="20" height="20" />

Broncoholics

Broncoholics
Reaction score
I always feel for it. I tighten down the first nut so I can't hardly turn the rotor. Then back it off 1/4 to 1/2 turn and rotate the rotor back and forth so it spins freely. Then check the up and down movement by grabing the hub and lift up and push down feeling for any movement. If there is some you can tighten ever so slightly so the locking ring fits. If its too tight when the locking ring is on loosen it up one hole. The end nut needs to be as tight as you can get it. I've tried the 100# torque and I had one come off. You don't want that to happen on the road. Lucky for me I was on the trail. Could have been due to the 38.5" tires...

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
david@holycitytransportat