1989 Bronco 2 XLT Hubcaps

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

ajbremer

Reaction score
Saturday - November 26th, 2022 - 1989 Bronco 2 - XLT

When I first got the Bronco home, the ugly spare tire was on the drivers side front. I got some better used tires for the front yesterday (215/70/R15's) so I changed it to another wheel. I've never owned a 4x4 before so I didn't know what to look for.

When I removed the front wheel, the hub cone came out with the wheel and I had to bang it a little to get it out of the rim. I noticed this hub has a face plate with a spline in it and bearings. I put it back onto the axle and put the wheel back on but it wouldn't go on because the hubcap that was on it was covered. I then noticed that I have 2 types of hubcaps that attach to the wheel by way of 3 flat head screws. Two of the hubcaps are covered (open) and two are not. So I put the uncovered hubcap on the wheel and then it would go on. I'm missing one front 'open' hubcap so I think I'll just order some new ones.

On a side note: I was watching a video of how to change out the automatic 4x4's to manual and they used an 'O' ring on the cone before they put it back onto the axle. I didn't notice any 'O' ring on mine.

I've included pics of the hubcaps I have. Thanks for helping!

Attachments

• front-right.jpg
    front-right.jpg
    443.2 KB · Views: 0
  • rear-right.jpg
    rear-right.jpg
    507.4 KB · Views: 0

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members