What year for trucks run the solid dana 44?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Billings Lee

Billings Lee
Reaction score
Im going to the junk yard tomorrow and im keeping my eyes peeled for a solid dana 44. I know what year broncos run the solid dana 44 and i was wondering what other ford trucks run the solid dana 44? and what year they are? o and i wanna do a 4 link suspention not leaf srung. thanks

Justshootme84

Rest in Peace Friend! Never forgotten..
Reaction score
Read the pinned post on Solid axle swaps (SAS) at the beginning of this forum. The easiest year models to swap would be 78/79 F-250. JSM84

Broncosaurus!

Reaction score
So why did they ever replace it with the TTB garbage in the full size bronco. It makes me sad, why didn't I buy a 78-9?

ocalabronco

Reaction score
because the pencil pushers thought that the TTB would let the bronco perform like a truck and ride like a car. but as so often works out with theories on paper, neither happened. it rides like a truck and flexes like a car. this is why so many people, including me, have installed solid axles under their truck. an SAS cost about as much as a TTB lift, its actually easier (i think) and allows for more potential to be modified

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
tsebalj