what rearend

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

AK47

Reaction score
i just dont know and i would like to know wich one is better for what thanks

1982 bronco lifter

Reaction score
i like the nine inch and dana 44 because i think the nine inch is pretty much industructiable and the 44 you can get parts easly. so i think there even

broncobob58

Reaction score
i like the nine inch and dana 44 because i think the nine inch is pretty much industructiable and the 44 you can get parts easly. so i think there even
As far as the 1/2 ton Ford truck rearends go, I would go with a nine inch because of it's durability and reputation.If any problems occur with a nine inch you just remove the carrier to work on it or replace it.I had many cars with nine inch rearends and my dads truck,I don't think a 8.8 would of handled the abuse that I gave the 9 inch rearends in my late teens and early twenties.Don't know how I didn't blow the 8.8 on my Mustang I had.I could of had a 9 inch out of an 82 bronco and the dana 44 front(to keep the same gear ratios)in the junkyard for my 89 Bronco but I have the speed sensor in the rearend and 9 inch rears don't.That sux :angry:

ocalabronco

Reaction score
in terms of all of them, definitely the 60. its got a 9.75 inch ring gear, and its a full float. it will easily handle up to 38's in stock form, when upgraded to 35 spline shafts it will take 44's with minimal trouble. in terms of 1/2 ton stuff, definitely the 9". dropout 3rd member makes gear swaps much less complicated, and the axle shafts are not retained by a c-clip like the 8.8, so there are more aftermarket traction devices available and they are easier to install (read: dropout 3rd member) the 8.8 is not a bad axle per se, but it is much easier to break. ****, with 35s, factory track lock, and a heavy foot, i cracked the tube at the spring perch and sheared the tracklock clean in half

swampthing

Reaction score
nine inches are nice to an extent..i completely grenaded the pinion shaft in 2 of them wiht my old bronco with a 300hp motor..but overall they are better then 8.8's...d44 are good i have never had any problems

Justbust1n

Reaction score
the dana 60 because you can change the axel the easiest and there pretty tough ... but the 9 inch is pretty good but not indestrutible becuse i have seen alot of torn up axles from them

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
tsebalj