What Kind Of Tops Have People Made?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

88pimpin

Postwhore, Pimpin Ain't Easy
Reaction score
I want a top so I don't have to worry in the rain if I take mine off. I'm thinking of getting some piping and making it removable and making some sort of Canvas top that will fit on. Canvas would look better than a tarp, although if I can find another material for cheaper, yet look good, I'll see about that. I figure this'd cost less than $100.

What have some other people done for tops? Someone posted about the half-doors, and one of the Broncos had a blue tarp on theirs.

Ktomek06

Reaction score
well im not sure what u can do w/ a hundred bucks, but what i do is close 2 corners in my doors and then make it go straight back and bungee it to the back. I do that when it suddenly starts raining. Works for me..until you spill all of it in the back after its been raining for a while :wacko:

OP
OP
88pimpin

88pimpin

Reaction score
That's a pretty good idea. I might get some bungee cords and something that's red or tan for my truck, but that's better that $600 for a soft top. Thanks! :D /emoticons/[email protected] 2x" width="20" height="20" />

Ktomek06

Reaction score
thats the way I see it too! Today Im takin out the carpet in the back and possibly the seat so it wont stink when I leave my window down in the rain or somethin. You might want to put an icechest back there so you dont have a puddle of water in the back when it rains for a while

Ktomek06

Reaction score
because if you have a large pond above your backseat that suddenly starts overflowing..your carpet wont be smelling too bueno for a while

cowboydan

Reaction score
i don't like my hard top much, but i also don't really like the look of soft tops either... nor do i want to get a reg half. so i'm just stuck for the moment...lol

i thought the bronco was on the same chassis as the short box... but i was mistaken

OP
OP
88pimpin

88pimpin

Reaction score
Fiberglass something up yourself. :D /emoticons/[email protected] 2x" width="20" height="20" />

I'm gonna see about getting a couple lengths of boards, like used for garden stakes, just some soft wood. Have them so they stretch across to each side, then staplegun some white/tan/red/or black tarp to it and have it so I can attatch to the screws in an emergency. It's gonna be just an emergency thing, since I have been outside and gotten caught in a sudden downpour, but it's not too bad for rain around here. Top is gonna be on most the time, though.

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Boone_23