What is it? Connector by TransferCase

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Reaction score
The last mount point for the connector is dead center on the cross member in front of the Transfer Case. The wire continues for a couple feet suggesting it's for the Transfer Case but I only see two ports which one is already connected, and the other is for my speedo cable so not sure where this one goes.

The connector itself has 3 very short contact pins, maybe 3mm long and about 2 mm wide arranged in a triangular pattern. They are not a normal spade type, just round contacts.

So any thoughts? If not, I'm still gonna keep tryin to upload my pic either here or in the gallery (neither work) :)

DSC04118 - Copy.JPG

Last edited by a moderator:

miesk5

96 Bronco 5.0
Staff member
Reaction score
Yo e,

No luck here. I looked at the electric shift Borg Warner 1356 tc, but almost if not all years didn't use a connector similar to what you described. So, if I'm wrong and you have a manual tc, it could be for the electric tc based on this;

1356 Electric Shift Motor Connector, Missing Pins in a 95; "...I just went out and looked at mine. I have, at the Plug...10 wires total.

▪▪▪Then, three of those wires go off to a seperate plug on the Tcase.▪▪▪

The remaining 7 wires all go up in a bundle until they split and 4 go to the position selector, and three to the motor. So it looks to me like in Steves diagram, look in the lower right corner, you will see 10 numbered wires. #'s 1-3 are likely the ones that go to your motor. Check your wire colors. #'s 6-10 are position sensors, and 2 for the speed sensor, which are probably the ones that go into the tcase, so I would say you need those. wiring does not quite add up right, but the main point I think you need to check is that on your motor you got from JBG, at the connector, are there a total of 10 wires? If yes, then 3 of those will need to be spliced into your tcase 3 wires that you have..."

Source: by Shadofax (TheJuice, The Juice, Mark Z)

Need to find pics next. Most folks that have added subject pics here and in other Bronco/F series used Photobucket, so due to Photobuckets recent money grabbing shake down of users, the pics are blanked out.

OP
OP
entity-unknown
Reaction score
It's def a Borg Warner 1356 and I do have the one electrical connection for the shift level position sensor. 
So yeah I'm in the same boat. I asked about the pic issue in the Test forum but still no dice on uploading. Don't wanna maintain another account just for these pix especially because of the bandwidth issues where they show up blank like you mentioned :\

Once I'm done with the water pump I'll get back under and trace it down too. Still def wanna show what I'm talking about because I've never seen a connector like this except for maybe the ABS excitor ring sensor but this can't reach that far and pretty sure that sensor is still plugged in too but I guess I'll look again for that too.

OP
OP
entity-unknown
Reaction score
Looks like I can upload pix again so here is that connector finally. No idea what this is and those pins are not shaved off since they have an original roundness you can see including equal wear/age. I'd like to think this is a Ford OEM connector to "something" too since the clip design looks like Ford and it has a specialized shape to ensure it goes in one way.

So yeah, anyone recognize what the heck this thing is?

DSC04118 - Copy.JPG

miesk5

96 Bronco 5.0
Staff member
Reaction score
Yo,

I rule out the transfer case and oxygen sensor.

Maybe think in another way; is there anything not working?

OP
OP
entity-unknown
Reaction score
Everything works as far as I know so I'm not too worried about it :)  Just don't understand what it's for. So if someone can identify it that'd be awesome but yeah I'm still gonna drive my truck with it "disconnected".

miesk5

96 Bronco 5.0
Staff member
Reaction score
Yo,

Ok,

I will keep this in mind as I look at wiring diagrams.  Any chance it's been pulled down from interior?

OP
OP
entity-unknown
Reaction score
If it was interior then it'd be connecting to something like the seat or center console but there's def no electrical options here. I must say I'm dumbfounded now cuz if there was anyone that I figured would look at that connector and have an "Oh I know what that is " moment it woulda been you. So if it didn't jog your memory, then I see a bleak road of no discovery ahead but will remain optimistic  ;)

miesk5

96 Bronco 5.0
Staff member
Reaction score
Yo,

Ford had a habit of using a common harness in each model year amongst models (Standard Trim/XL, XLT, EDDIE BAUER). Often/ sometimes with pigtails or connectors for all the  optional electrial components such as engine block heater, trailer tow  package, etc.

Have a great New Year! 

Al

OP
OP
entity-unknown
Reaction score
I've considered that too Al and honestly I'm not left with anything else to assume since it's clearly not aftermarket. 
Either way thanks for the thoughts as always and I guess I finally stumped you after all these years :)

Happy New Year to you as well!!!

Last edited by a moderator:

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Utahstroke