what is exactly wrong with my tailgate window?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Eric W

Reaction score
Ok I own a 86 Ford Bronco and every since I got it the window never worked but now I plan on fixing it. What the window does is not go up or down. I hear the motor  but nothing happens. I've been told it's off track by one person and it's the motor by another person. I mean I pull itup and down by hand when I need the tailgate open and the whole window goes down not just one side so I thought maybe it's not off track but I could be wrong. So my question is what do you think it could be because I am about to go ahead and replace the motor  just in case anyway.

wileec

Reaction score
If you can here the motor I would guess that it is not the issue. if the window moves the connection to the motor may be the issue. Since you can move it by hand open the tail gate unscrew the cover plate and look around inside the gate. If there is something disconnected it should easy to see. You can also use the key at that point to see if the motor is doing anything.

Motors are expensive I would wait to buy one.

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Boone_23