What about two into on e instead of dual exhaust?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Bandit

BANDIT
Reaction score
>:) Ive been running dual exhaust for about ten years on my 1973,Ive been saving for a wildhorses titaniam coated header,can anyone tell me about running two int one?Ive been thinking about going big diameter,I m not sure what size ppipe,with one flowmaster.can anyone cxomment from experience.theres really ,in my opinion not alot of room for dual exhaust,and Ive heard of two into one beingb preferred on race cars?

Broncoholics

Broncoholics
Reaction score
I have a NP435/205 set up so I couldn't run duals unless I wanted the exhaust to go under the 205 t case. No way. I did a Y pipe with 2-1/2 to a single 3" all the way out with one 3" flow master. Its pretty loud, the neighbors love it. Seems to work fine for me. I have photos if need be.

OP
OP
B

Bandit

BANDIT
Reaction score
I have a NP435/205 set up so I couldn't run duals unless I wanted the exhaust to go under the 205 t case. No way.  I did a Y pipe with 2-1/2 to a single 3" all the way out with one 3" flow master.  Its pretty loud, the neighbors love it.  Seems to work fine for me. I have photos if need be.
17389[/snapback]

Thanks broncoholics,Im waiting on my incometax,and Im gonna run that two into one,but Im not sure which flowmaster?Do you think that new holley truck avenger in 470 cvfm is big enough for a basically stok 302?

Broncoholics

Broncoholics
Reaction score
I run a 600 cfm q-jet and all the others in the past were around that. Not sure how the 470 cfm will work. You might call Holley and ask.

What do you mean which flow master to use? I always thought it was whatever size you want you get. But that doesn't mean they have different models out there.

russhyped302

Reaction score
well i can say that i have had nothing but good luck with duel exaust the engine will flow better with duel it is more restricted with a single :)>-

OP
OP
B

Bandit

BANDIT
Reaction score
I run a 600 cfm q-jet and all the others in the past were around that.  Not sure how the 470 cfm will work.  You might call Holley and ask.What do you mean which flow master to use?  I always thought it was whatever size you want you get.  But that doesn't mean they have different models out there.

17665[/snapback]

when I looked there were alot of differrent flowmasters.different tones differrent offsets,differrent applications,I was hoping somebody would recomend a specific part number,size,diameter,whatever ...thanks :-"

airrwolf

Reaction score
when I looked there were alot of differrent flowmasters.different tones differrent offsets,differrent applications,I was hoping somebody would recomend a specific part number,size,diameter,whatever ...thanks :-"
17672[/snapback]

It depends on how much noise you want to hear. The 40 series are probably the loudest for flowmasters. They also resonate inside the truck so you can hear it. Otherwise, go to there website and take a look. I just bought a 351W and think I am going to use Magnaflow. I have heard that they provide a nice low tone without the head ache if you drive a lot.

S_bolt19

Reaction score
The one thing you have to remember about going with a large diameter exhaust outlet is what will it do to your power. Guys who run around with those big 4" tips on the ends of their trucks aren't doing their engines any justice because it doesn't give the proper backpressure. I would recommend finding and talking to a really good exhaust shop in your area or even go to the local speed shop to get the right info on the exhaust pipes. I know a guy who put those big tips on his truck and lost HP because the shop that did his exhaust butchered it. Do some research first before jumping in and getting something that you are going to be ****** about later on.

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Boone_23