Vacuum to electric wiper conversion

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

69Lover

Reaction score
Wondering if any of you have made the conversion on your first gen Bronco's from vacuum to electric wipers? I have an electric setup that I want to install and am looking for some measurements as I believe I need to move the passenger side inward to allow the arms to work properly. Read on one blog that the measurements on a stock electric system were 19-3/4" center to center. Any help would be great. Hoping to get this done then start shooting paint. Thanks.

johnnyreb

Reaction score
Wondering if any of you have made the conversion on your first gen Bronco's from vacuum to electric wipers? I have an electric setup that I want to install and am looking for some measurements as I believe I need to move the passenger side inward to allow the arms to work properly. Read on one blog that the measurements on a stock electric system were 19-3/4" center to center. Any help would be great. Hoping to get this done then start shooting paint. Thanks.
You might find more information on this sight --under first generation bronco. Good luck and welcome to the club. You can fin some good information and people to help you her.

chrlsful

Reaction score
just 2 days later but how's it going?
What some of the newer guys R doing duz not duplicate the oe & has some advantages. They just buy 1 or 2 wiper motors'n mount them in the w/s thru holes. Eliminates all the linkage. Smoother install/looks. Course thay also buy them frm "one of the typical bronk vendors" for outragious price. I cant do that so just p/u one that wrks here @ a big bx auto prts store. Need test the cover for fit though. Snake wires thru same holes vac tubes for early model use.

OP
OP

69Lover

Reaction score
Well this has been a 30 year long project, the Bronco, not the wipers. Decided to bite the bullet and get the synch'd motors and switch from WH's. Will post some photos when I get them installed

johnnyreb

Reaction score
just 2 days later but how's it going?
What some of the newer guys R doing duz not duplicate the oe & has some advantages. They just buy 1 or 2 wiper motors'n mount them in the w/s thru holes. Eliminates all the linkage. Smoother install/looks. Course thay also buy them frm "one of the typical bronk vendors" for outragious price. I cant do that so just p/u one that wrks here @ a big bx auto prts store. Need test the cover for fit though. Snake wires thru same holes vac tubes for early model use.
Just make it easy on yourself and do what chrisful said. Can,nt get any easier or plain then that.

Bukin 67

Reaction score
Not sure what motors you have I did it with the kit from WH. Super easy. They have all the info on their site.
There are clearance issues to deal with for the top as well.

chrlsful

Reaction score
skip the 'linkage', not sure what the "sync" is.

"...did it with the kit from WH..."
too expensive for me.

"...Can,nt get any easier or plain then that...."
1 or 2 ele wiper motors mounted w/2 screws each, thru current arm holes, jab arms on exterior side, run wires thru current w/s holes/channels dwn to a switch onto battery...

Last edited:

Bukin 67

Reaction score
skip the 'linkage', not sure what the "sync" is.

"...did it with the kit from WH..."
too expensive for me.

"...Can,nt get any easier or plain then that...."
1 or 2 ele wiper motors mounted w/2 screws each, thru current arm holes, jab arms on exterior side, run wires thru current w/s holes/channels dwn to a switch onto battery...
"Sync`d up" refers to an option from WH where you can have the option to have wipers stay "in sync" when they're on or randomly wipe across the windshield where each motor might be ever so slightly at different speed.

I know WH isn't the cheapest option, but in return they've already done the hard part and you get everything pre-engineered for you Bronco.

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Utahstroke