URGENT: NY bill to ban Grill Guards/Brush Guards

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Status
Not open for further replies.

jdenninger

Reaction score
Regardless of if you have a grill guard or brush guard on your vehicle you need to get involved with this. Who knows what they will try to ban next. Probably lifts, oversized tires, and step bars.

This is directly from the SEMA website:

URGENT LEGISLATIVE ALERT

New York Introduces Bill to Ban the Use of Grille/Brush Guards

A bill (A.B. 10116) has been introduced in the New York Legislature to prohibit the public road use of motor vehicles equipped with a grille or brush guard. The bill has been referred to the Assembly Transportation Committee for consideration and a vote.

We Urge You to Contact Members of the New York Assembly Transportation Committee (List Below) Immediately to Request Their Opposition to A.B. 10116.

* A.B. 10116 relies on unsubstantiated claims that these grille guards create the potential of greater harm to other vehicles in the event of a collision.

* A.B. 10116 relies on unsubstantiated claims that grille guards obstruct airbag sensors, rendering the airbags useless in an accident.

* A.B. 10116 would require owners of vehicles currently equipped with grille guards (including those purchased with this equipment from a dealership) to remove these guards.

DON’T DELAY! Please contact members of the New York Assembly Transportation Committee immediately by phone or e-mail to request their opposition to this bill.

Please e-mail a copy of your letter to stevem @ sema.org. Thank you for your assistance.

New York Assembly Transportation Committee

David F. Gantt, Chair

518-455-5606

Marc Alessi

alessim @ assembly.state.ny.us

518-455-5294

Darrel J. Aubertine

aubertd @ assembly.state.ny.us

518-455-5545

Jim Bacalles

bacallj @ assembly.state.ny.us

518-455-5791

Pat Casale

casalep @ assembly.state.ny.us

518-455-5777

Michael Cusick

518-455-5526

Ruben Diaz, Jr.

diazr @ assembly.state.ny.us

Francine DelMonte

delmonf @ assembly.state.ny.us

518-455-5284

Sam Hoyt

hoyts @ assembly.state.ny.us

518-455-4886

Ivan C. Lafayette

lafayei @ assembly.state.ny.us

518-455-4545

George S. Latimer

latimeg @ assembly.state.ny.us

518-455-4897

John W. Lavelle

lavellj @ assembly.state.ny.us

518-455-4677

Charles D. Lavine

lavinec @ assembly.state.ny.us

518-455-5456

Donna Lupardo

lupardd @ assembly.state.ny.us

518-455-5431

Pat Manning

manninp @ assembly.state.ny.us

518-455-5177

David G. McDonough

McDonoD @ assembly.state.ny.us

518-455-4633

Brian M. McLaughlin

mclaugb @ assembly.state.ny.us

518-455-5172

Jimmy Meng

mengj @ assembly.state.ny.us

518-455-5411

Joan L. Millman

millmaj @ assembly.state.ny.us

518-455-5426

Matthew Mirones

mironem @ assembly.state.ny.us

518-455-5716

Chris Ortloff

ortlofc @ assembly.state.ny.us

518-455-5943

N. Nick Perry

perryn @ assembly.state.ny.us

518-455-4166

Paul D. Tonko

tonkop @ assembly.state.ny.us

518-455-5197

Harvey Weisenberg

weisenh @ assembly.state.ny.us

518-455-3028

For the link to actual article follow this:

http://www.semasan.com/main/main.aspx?id=62090

Please note that I had to put spaces in the email addresses so that they would show. Post up your thoughts and what you did.

LOST1988351

Reaction score
I have lived on long island all my life and relized there s alot of dumb yuppies runnin this place. jdenninger we need to try to do something .theres alot of people around the island that will.

theres all these trails everywere and if we ride them on anything it gets taken away.even a bicycle if your not wearing a helmet this is none sense !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!We really need to try to organize something to change this....Any ideas?

OP
OP
J

jdenninger

Reaction score
I have lived on long island all my life and relized there s alot of dumb yuppies runnin this place. jdenninger we need to try to do something .theres alot of people around the island that will.

theres all these trails everywere and if we ride them on anything it gets taken away.even a bicycle if your not wearing a helmet this is none sense !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!We really need to try to organize something to change this....Any ideas?
i got some more inforation on this. the rep that submitted this was a long island rep: Ginny Fields.

she is willing to work with us that actually put these on for use not just show. she is looking for input. the was a group that supposedly did a study but no one so far on all the boards has been able to find out who this group is. Ginny Feilds is willing to listen so call/write/ and BE NICE!!!!!!!!!! we want her to let us keep these on our trucks not give more reason to take these and more away i.e: offroad lites, aftermaket bumpers.....

BroncoXLT85

Reaction score
I couldn't agree with you guys more. I lived in NY (SIlver Creek, 40 mins. southwest of Buffalo) almost all of my life. (only 20 years) My first goal was to get a good education and get **** out of that state. I now live in Michigan. Good luck with any type of protest you guys come up with and remember there are a lot of people that would and do agree that banning brushgaurds is not only a stupid idea, but it would be a waste of time and money for the state to make such a pointless law. Good luck!!! :) /emoticons/[email protected] 2x" width="20" height="20" />

79highrider

Reaction score
* A.B. 10116 relies on unsubstantiated claims that these grille guards create the potential of greater harm to other vehicles in the event of a collision.

Thats the point :ph34r: /emoticons/[email protected] 2x" width="20" height="20" />

79highrider

Reaction score
In Pennslyvania your bumper can't be higher than 30 or 32 in above the roadway, in Nj (where I am from) the police used to bother my brother who had a 03 dodge ram with 9" of left and 39.5" tires and say that it was illagal but they never gave him any other trouble than that but more recently after he sold that a friend got his 84 chevy pickup impounded because it was to high (not as high as my brothers truck was)

and he had to walk home so pretty much they are making it harder and harder to have lifted and modified trucks in the eastern states. :angry: :ph34r: /emoticons/[email protected] 2x" width="20" height="20" />

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Wdtdls