transmission I.D.

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Foul Al

Reaction score
Hi folks, I just recently picked up a parts bronco and got this trans. with the deal. I dont know what it is? I know its a manual...lol but what type i'm unsure of. any help would be awesome! thank you.

transmission1.jpg

transmission.jpg

69bronc347

Reaction score
this trans mission is a top shift overdrive 4speed, most commonly found in about 80-87 half ton ford pickups.yours is a two wheel drive model, but you will need a 350 dollar swap kit and need your adapter housing machined larger because the rear bearing is larger than the factory 3speed. the swap kit consists of gaskets and a new main shaft.

broncofreak76

Reaction score
This is a new process 435, broncograveyard sells the adapter to be able to make it 4 wheel drive for 300$. I have 2 of these and rebuilt one so if you have any questions feel free to ask and i will try to answer them.

broncofreak76

Reaction score
I was looking closer at it and i might be wrong one way to test is to put a magnet on the cover and if it doesn't stick it is probably the 435 because it has an aluminum top.

OP
OP
F

Foul Al

Reaction score
Hi folks, I just recently picked up a parts bronco and got this trans. with the deal. I dont know what it is? I know its a manual...lol but what type i'm unsure of. any help would be awesome! thank you.
this casing is aluminum and it apears to have been rebuilt or cleaned and reassembled? either way... i also got 2 different bell housing adaptors with it as well as a box of bearings and other manual trans stuff. one of the bearings has been machined and i believe he said it was for the input side? i dunno? any idea of what its worth with all the stuff included?

bronco parts.jpg

Last edited by a moderator:

69bronc347

Reaction score
this transmission is not a np435, it is a 4spd over drive transmission, which is all aluminum, i am 100% sure of this. the np435 i believe use a cast iron case and an aluminum shifter, if you need further verification, the best way is to call advanced adapters with your case numbers and they will be able to tell you exactly

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Boone_23