Tranny's lost reverse

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

rebel offroad

Reaction score
:)>- hey people im kinda new got some questions? ive got a 87 bronco2 151thousand miles or so on it ive got a good lot power behind the wheel but my trannys going out ive lost reverse and drive got stronger the fluids blakish gray ? i have no clue if the tranny has a leak because theres fluid and i cant see it dripping tho is there a way to salvage my tranny because id hate to have to spend the money buying a new one

Chris,

firelt90bronco

Ask me about my job
Reaction score
Can that thing go offroad? The tranny may need to be rebuilt, or go to a salvage yard. Welcome to Broncozone!!!!

Justshootme84

Rest in Peace Friend! Never forgotten..
Reaction score
rebel, I'll reply to your post. IF by losing reverse, did you hear a loud clunk or pop, or does it not go back when the engine is cold/at start-up? What tranny do you have? The automatic A4LD is prone to such problems, so you're not alone. At fluid should be pink/red, if it's black you overhaeted or burnt the fluid. Does it smell burnt? Try searching the tech articles forum for "Miesk5 Homepage", and look in the transmission section for your model tranny for help. Good luck, JSM84

Last edited by a moderator:

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
tsebalj