Tranny Help!!!

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

stusainte

Reaction score
Hey Everyone Have a question on my tranny I have a 95 XLT 302 5.0 auto trans. Yesterday was out driving and while leaving a stop light normal exceleration got to about 20-25 mph and it felt like I missed a gear in a standard and went right back into gear and drove for another 20 miles with no other issues and then when i would try to excellerate the engine would kinda bawg out I gave it some more pedal and she took off like its suppose to has anyone run into this or had any issues like this Hopefully its not my tranny failing any insight would be very helpful Thanks OOHH yea I checked my trans fluid and for leakes when i got home and every thing looks fine .

Blue beast

Reaction score
Probably overdue for a fluid change, Running larger tires is a special operating condition and requires sooner fluid changes!! Take a paper towel

and pull the dipstick let the drips hit the paper towel in the same place counting how many land on it, Wipe the dipstick and put into fresf atf

bottle and let it drip the same amount of drips onto the paper towel a couple inches away. The fresh fluid should spread out quickly the old

fluid will just sit there and look all dirty and nasty. If you change the fluid and do this every oil change you will get a feel for when the fluid

is on it's last legs so to speak and is a better indication then waiting for it to turn brown and smell burnt, Because then it's too late!!

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Boone_23