total power failure

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Little Giant

Reaction score
ok i might have bittin off more than i can chew on this one but, i had been driving my truck for about a week when my body lift and bushings came in so i started to install it. when a couple of days in to it i went to start it up and it would not crank, no lights, no sounds nothing i checked the battery it was good so i replaced the battery terminals, starter relay, voltage regulator, ignition modual and the ignition switch. Now i was able to jump the starter relay and the engine crank over but when i gave it some gas it died and the ignition modual went out yes the new one. so i replace it again i was able to start it but never touched the gas and when it is running the power levels were to much for the inside lights they no shit blew out in pieces. i made sure i had good grounds to the body. and checked over any wires from were i raised the body of the truck what am i forgeting can i get any help please.

trhaus

Reaction score
it still sounds like your getting stray voltage some where or maybe there is a ground not quite working from the battery to the body on my bronco the ground goes directly to the block i am just thinking that one of your circuits are trying to use the lights as a ground, maybe try adding another ground from the body to the frame or from the body to the motor. best case it works worst case it costs u for a little wire. and also while the lift was being done was the battery unhooked, because if it accidentally got hooked back up backwards that can wreck a lot of stuff and it only takes a second. trust me it happens.

OP
OP
L

Little Giant

Reaction score
I replaced the ground from the battery to the block and added a ground to the body. I never took the battery off when I was lifting it. I don't know if I need to run a ground to the frame or not.

trhaus

Reaction score
the ground to the frame may not be needed but. i would try checking all your electrical connections to see if one came loose during the body lift. other than that it could be broken wire (possibly)

Bronc76

Reaction score
check to see if the solenoid and module are grounded good to fender

Bronc76

Reaction score
you said it started when you jumped solenoid. have you traced wires off of solenoid to see if they are broken anywhere?

OP
OP
L

Little Giant

Reaction score
No I haven't traced the wiring from the solenoid I ended up running out of time while I was home. But I bought a universal wiring harness from painless at the truckfest in cali for about 300. But I'm trying to figure out the exact problem to make sure it gets fixed. The only i can think of is that one of the wires is broke internally inside the outer jacket cause i could not find any broke wires.

78BroncHair

Reaction score
Sounds like low blinker fluid or spun muffler bearings. Either can be fixed pretty easily. All you need is a 5/6 crescent wrench and a left handed screwdriver. While your at it you may want to adjust the piston return springs and put new injectors in it. HAHA sorry. I had to do it.

OP
OP
L

Little Giant

Reaction score
I got it fixed now the motor sounds like shit. I put the valve free fluid in the oil and it did nothing its time for a new motor.

OP
OP
L

Little Giant

Reaction score
I got it fixed now the motor sounds like shit. I put the valve free fluid in the oil and it did nothing its time for a new motor.

D.Acaps

Reaction score
The best solution I could think of for your second card is as follows:

Creatures must block if able as long as the total combined power and the total combined toughness of all creatures blocking it is 5 or less.Ill brainstorm it a bit more later.

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Boone_23