Torque converter?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

bigtrux

Reaction score
Is there anyway to tell if a torque converter is going bad ? i have a 93 bronc 351W e4od tranny i know all fluid levels are normal... but when idling mostly when driving and come to stop i can hear a noise coming from what i believe is the tranny . is not loud just annyning almost likes is off balance. also around 1500 rpms it kinda hesitates when i hit the gas but over 1500 i don't have the hesitation? thanks any input will be welcomed thanks in advance for the info ....

BRONCOGRL911

Reaction score
Did you ever consider maybe a tps (throttle posistion sensor)? Sometimes ,when you drive at a certain speed there may be a groove worn in and when it hits that spot it would feel like its shuttering or loosing power then when you get past that certain speed it would pick up speed. That is one indication of a tps. as far as the noise coming from under im not too sure what that is.

Jerry D

Reaction score
Its that crazy Bronco Gremlin again. I just got rid of him. He's a mean little booger

OP
OP
bigtrux

bigtrux

Reaction score
I'll check tps good call didin't think of that ... as far as that freakin gremlin i hate that lil booger just ate my rear axle seals last month it was the radiator... my wife hates my truck but i love it ...

keeprollling

Reaction score
I'll check tps good call didin't think of that ... as far as that freakin gremlin i hate that lil booger just ate my rear axle seals last month it was the radiator... my wife hates my truck but i love it ...

Do you happen to have bigger pictures of your Bronco? It looks alot like mine but mine does not have the cream section on the lower body.

chris93

Reaction score
my bronco is a twin to yours. Ford had problems with the E4OD in the early 90's. does it vibrate, like a misfire when driving, low rpm's typically. mine would do it at around 40-50 mph, when i'd accelarte. I found a pretty good fix if this is the case, but it only lasts for about 8k. course i have 165k on it anyway. but get some motorcraft friction modifier or posi-traction fluid and add to the trans. should clear it up. don't use the stuff at advance or auto zone, the motorcraft stuff is the magic juice. trust me on that I tried. hope this helps.

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
J’s Bronco