Tailgates

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

83BRONCRAWLER

Reaction score
WILL AN 80'-UP FULL SIZE TRUCK TAILGATE FIT ON THE SAME GENERATION BRONCO?

Last edited by a moderator:

Justshootme84

Rest in Peace Friend! Never forgotten..
Reaction score
I say no, cause I wanted to do that, too. It's not impossible but not a simple drop-in fit either. The mounting points for each are very different.

Juice

Reaction score
the bronco tailgate is far thicker than the f150. not to say you can't do it, but it seems to me like a lot of work for not much gain.

davids78bronco

fabricator extraordinaire
Reaction score
I think you have a problem with your keyboard... your CAPS button seems to be stuck

Instead of swapping the Bronco gate, why not make use of it's size? Change the tailgate to a storage box of some kind

Justshootme84

Reaction score
Cool idea!!! B)

I could fit some subs in the Bronco tailgate once I remove the window and regulator!!!

davids78bronco

fabricator extraordinaire
Reaction score
LOTS and lots of dyna-mat-like underlayment, and **** yeah! That''s actually not a bad idea too. And I just happen to have a spare gate too :D /emoticons/[email protected] 2x" width="20" height="20" />

Justshootme84

Reaction score
I also have a rusted-out spare tailgate shell from the 88, although it's now riddled with bullet holes from the outside. i've been using it for target practice as a backstop!!! I'm pulling the guts out of my 84 tailgate to lighten it up. Putting subs in there will make it heavy again. But that is something I haven't thought of until you brought it up. Thanks!!! :D /emoticons/[email protected] 2x" width="20" height="20" />

mansquirt86

Reaction score
a built-in sub box... that is a damn good idea but im not too sure a subwoofer would fit in there unless it were rather small.

Do you really want the back window to be gone?... might get a little tired of those wonderful exhaust fumes

Justshootme84

Reaction score
I know I want it gone. I'm ******* all the time, and I can sell the glass. Plus, it won't get broken by accident!!! I ws thinking about using two 8" subs. I prefer them to the 15" ones I used to have. They were Lanzar's, stolen out of my last truck!!

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Boone_23