Tailgate Window Motor Amps?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

brentusbrutus

Reaction score
How many amps is the tailgate window motor? I am buying a switch for my dash and i am trying to match it..

sweepersrgr8

"GET ER DONE"
Reaction score
Fuse #12 and #14 are 30 AMP circuit breakers. Theses are for your power windows, front, and rear. I would at least go with a 30 AMP switch. This is not a regular "on/off" switch though. Jeff's Bronco Graveyard has your OEM switch for $20.

OP
OP
B

brentusbrutus

Reaction score
I was going to use a DPDT Rocker Switch (Center off, Momentary on) Have a technologist help me out with the plan. Should work or no?

OP
OP
B

brentusbrutus

Reaction score
also found it strange that my 84 bronco didn't have a switch on the dash already.

Is it hidden away somewhere, where should it be? It would be nice if I had overlooked it somehow :blink:

Seabronc

Reaction score
80 - 86 locates it to the right of your heat controls. If it is not there, some one must have taken it out. Also, use a areal one. All the wiring is already in the factory wire harness. There are a few connections between the switdh and the window motor to check out if it doesn't work. If you need them, I will list them and their locations for you.

Good luck,

clap.gif
/biggrin.gif' class='bbc_emoticon' alt=':D' /><' />

sweepersrgr8

"GET ER DONE"
Reaction score
Yeah, SEABRONC has the EVTM for your truck.

NO! a momentary switch will not work. The OEM switch is designed to ground both leads to the motor when not in use(so your tailgate switch can supply power with out the ACC on). When you press up on your dash switch it disconnects ground on that side, and connects to power, and vice versa. Your window motors work on a forward, and reverse polarity system. They only recieve grounding through the dash switch.

If you actually take the switch apart, it has a complicated points type system inside. Pay the $20 and save yourself some headachs.

OP
OP
B

brentusbrutus

Reaction score
thanks you guys..

I really feel dumb, I came home from work, and it was bothering me that I didn't have a dash switch. I looked a little closer, and there it was. Found. For some reason I had it in my head that the previous owner had taken it off. When I asked the old fellah I bought it from if the top came off the Bronco, he said, "why would you want to take the top off?" I said, "to pick up chicks of course".

There was no key for the tailgate, the window wouldn't come down on it's own, so I set to dismantling the tailgate. I found a hunk of wood and lot's of ducktape holding up that back window.

My tailgate is off, and I am in the process of getting the slider doohickey welded to the arm that attatches to the rear tailgate window, which attatches the window to the regulater arms. I am hoping that once that is fixed, I can put my tailgate back on, and things will work for me.

84 Bronco..$375.00

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Gryph