Tailgate Replacement

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

wokamonster

Reaction score
Hey all, new member here, I am starting to plan the replacement of the tailgate on my "90 full size bronco, I have found an aftermarket shell for $250, seems reasonable, I have already ripped the guts out and Im going to sandblast the tracks and arms, just wodering if yall could give me any tips or pointers, Im sure Ill have more specific questions as I go along here, thanks,

davids78bronco

fabricator extraordinaire
Reaction score
Nuthin to it, but to do it. Before you put that new gate on, I would paint the whole inside of it, with some kind of bedliner. Whatever you choose, make sure it covers every square inch inside

Ziggy

Reaction score
Run a good bead of RTV along the bottom of the sheet metal seam inside the tail gate. This is where the water collects and starts to rust the bottom of your tail gate. Don't cover the drain holes of course.

Lance

Reaction score
Can you tell me where you found the tailgate you are using as a replacement? Is is authentic or aftermarket?

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Wdtdls