tailgate rattle

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

89eddie89

Reaction score
Ok so I like to listen to my music really loud. haha

I got 2 12" kickers and they hit pretty hard. But when i turn them up loud my tailgate rattles like no other...

Any ideas on what i can do to help stop or quiet the rattle?

Redneck86

First On Race Day
Reaction score
its probably the weather stripping on the tail gate, or the strikers might be loose.

a whole weather stripping kit is about 300 i think from jeffs bronco graveyard, plus they sell just the tailgate stripping if you dont need all of it. Just thought of this* It could also be some thing loose in side the tailgate

:)>-

Last edited by a moderator:

Broncobill78

Reaction score
You need to start by figuring out just *what* is rattling. Is it the tailgate itself rattling in the hinge & strikers or is it the glass & hardware rattling inside the tailgate or is it both ?

You can tighten up the strikers by putting a few wraps of electrical tape around the post or using one of the plastic covers that go on there (might be that the original covers are gone & that's why you're noticing it) or tightening them if the mounts have loosened, if it's the window you can do as Redneck advised and try some weatherstripping. Start by following up on one line & see if it makes any difference and then see where that takes you.

Last edited by a moderator:

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Boone_23