Tailgate latch

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

OP
OP
bluesman17

bluesman17

Spam Terminator
Reaction score
How do I remove or just move the window tracks so i can fit in the tailgate latch? Id prefer doing it myself but if no one knows how Ill take it to the body shop.

hmbrewr

Reaction score
How do I remove or just move the window tracks so i can fit in the tailgate latch? Id prefer doing it myself but if no one knows how Ill take it to the body shop.
If you want to "roll up" the window with the gate down, just close the two latches with a ***** driver or socket extension. After you're done, "roll down" the window and pull the handle to reopen the latches. This works for my 91.

Caution. Make sure you have something/someone to support the window as it come out because it's pretty heavy.

OP
OP
bluesman17

bluesman17

Spam Terminator
Reaction score
I had to take the window out, only to find out the new one was defective. Pent up frustration and a small sledge hammer made the other one work so it all worked in the end EXCEPT my window doesnt roll quite all the way up now. Any ideas or suggestions that dont involve me tearing into everything again would be apprciated.

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
david@holycitytransportat