switching to a solid front axle

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

ocalabronco

Reaction score
these mounts are from a 97 or 98 f-250. mouting stud up top, allowing for double eyelet ranchos

crossedup2.JPG

also, that's how much flex you stand to get from a homebrew SAS. good luck getting that with the fabritech kit

derrick36

Reaction score
their kit does have its merits, as in being essentially 100% bolt on, but the engineering of it leaves much to be desired.  IMO, the trac bar brackets as well as the RA brackets are sketchy. i do not like how the track bar mounts off of the crossmember and is so short. what this ultimately results in different cycles between the track bar and draglink and causes more bind as opposed to if the trac bar was mounted closer to being inline with the drag link and having near identical cycles.  with the RA brackets, i like for my bolt holes to be actually within the bracket itself, not sticking out like fingers. considering the amount of stress that gets put on this area, it's just asking to fail at some point.  The usage of the TTB buckets and shock mounts also mounts concern with the quality of the kit. I am not ******* the flex of TTB springs at all, but by using the stock bucket and stock shock mount, you severely limit your options of shock to choose from.  so for someone who just wanted a show rig or a rig that would only be wheeled a few times a year, if that, the Fabritech kit would probably work. but for somebody that wheels their rig often and wants reliability, homebrew is the best way to go
21280[/snapback]

Now that makes sense! Thank you for that info!

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Sufferedformula