Switch Checking

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

American Rebel

4x4 Trail Master
Reaction score
That is why bypassing it is a real advantage.  I have never had any problem working inside of my tail gate.  Moving the window or completely removing it makes it easy to get at things, even the motor.
:)>-

30780[/snapback]

My dad's 1985 GMC Sierra Classic Tailgate is small as ****. No room at all, glad I got a bronco.... Rock on Ford!!!

OP
OP
F

firelt90bronco

Ask me about my job
Reaction score
Well VTK, I jumped the wires with a battery, if you used common sense and read up when i explained it the first time, you wouldn't ask.

OP
OP
F

firelt90bronco

Ask me about my job
Reaction score
so, wait, the little black connecter on the safety switch comes off and you wire it up from there?

Seabronc

Reaction score
so, wait, the little black connecter on the safety switch comes off and you wire it up from there?
31225[/snapback]

Right, just put a jumper between the two contacts and tape up and out of the way of the window.

aznetplus

Reaction score
:D/

how do you get the window down if the key switch or the dash switch aren't working?
31092[/snapback]

Seabronc thank you for posting the diagrams they helped out alot!!

The tailgate windows limit switch is located on the driver side behind the window track just above the tailgate window Key switch.

Attached is few pics of the wire clip and a paper clip I used as a jumper.

Just tape it up with some electrical tape and now both my dash switch and key switch work great.

Once again thanks seabronc for your post!

IMG_1719.JPG

IMG_1721.JPG

IMG_1735.JPG

IMG_1740.JPG

Seabronc

Reaction score
:D/ Seabronc thank you for posting the diagrams they helped out alot!!

The tailgate windows limit switch is located on the driver side behind the window track just above the tailgate window Key switch.

Attached is few pics of the wire clip and a paper clip I used as a jumper.

Just tape it up with some electrical tape and now both my dash switch and key switch work great.

Once again thanks seabronc for your post!

32571[/snapback]

That's the baby, glad that fixed your problem. It's one of the most common causes of a window not going up or down. Keep those pictures handy, they are worth a 1,000 words. Someone will need that picture :D /emoticons/[email protected] 2x" width="20" height="20" /> .

Good luck,

bruiser

Reaction score
yes thanks for the info and pics on this problem! have had a problem with the window for awhile now. Maybe now i too can get it fixed properly.

mad-dawg

Reaction score
fixed mine 2!! the inside of my motor was messed up. took old plastic housing that was broke and replaced with ball bearings,quick fix. >

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
david@holycitytransportat