sun visor problem...

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

chaindrive

Reaction score
the last owner had a new headliner installed. no problem, looks professional.

however, when they recovered the sun visors and re-installed them, they've never been tight.

they won't stay in the up position and there's no tension on them for much adjustment.

i've tightened the 3 screws but it doesn't make any difference. did they leave out a part?

any ideas on a fix?

i don't want to take them down before hearing from you guys.

thanks.

Seabronc

Reaction score
The screws are just screwed 9nto the sheet-metal. I'd guess that they over tightened the screws and stretched the metal. The easiest thing to do is in crease the screws by one size and be careful not to tighten it so much that it stretches more. I believe the screws that hold the visor to the cab roof are number 6 so get some number 8 stainless screws. An alternate way is to use Rivnuts which takes a bit of work. You will want to take the liner off, ( requires removing all the trim that surrounds it), drill the holes out to the proper size for a small Jack nut and install them. After that you can reinstall the liner and trim. http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/6-32-NUTSERTS-RIVNUT-INSERTS-ALUM-RIVNUTS-ADAPT-_W0QQcmdZViewItemQQhashZitem518cd7f513QQitemZ350255314195QQptZMotorsQ5fAutomotiveQ5fTools

Good luck,

:)>-

OP
OP
C

chaindrive

Reaction score
The screws are just screwed 9nto the sheet-metal. I'd guess that they over tightened the screws and stretched the metal. The easiest thing to do is in crease the screws by one size and be careful not to tighten it so much that it stretches more. I believe the screws that hold the visor to the cab roof are number 6 so get some number 8 stainless screws. An alternate way is to use Rivnuts which takes a bit of work. You will want to take the liner off, ( requires removing all the trim that surrounds it), drill the holes out to the proper size for a small Jack nut and install them. After that you can reinstall the liner and trim. http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/6-32-NUTSERTS-RIVNUT-INSERTS-ALUM-RIVNUTS-ADAPT-_W0QQcmdZViewItemQQhashZitem518cd7f513QQitemZ350255314195QQptZMotorsQ5fAutomotiveQ5fTools

Good luck,

:)>-

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Boone_23