Still sluggish???

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

broncojoe90

Reaction score
Hey everyone, newbie here. I posted the other day my bronco was a bit sluggish... Since then i have changed: plugs ( some of the plugs had oil on them, and others were very white) , wires, cap, rotor, air filter, fuel filter, pcv valve & idle air control valve, and also one vaccum line. I was also "low" on tranny fluid, and have since filled it and the truck shifts smooth, finally. Even though i replaced the very much needed parts i mentioned above, the truck still seems like it has no power. Could it possibly be another vaccum leak, timing is off, or is it just that this 302 EFI is "tired" ??? I dont expect this truck to be quick like a stang, but should get up and go to a point. any more info would be appreciated... thanx everyone for your time

OP
OP
B

broncojoe90

Reaction score
Or is it possible that the exhaust is restricted, possibly catalytic converter? truck does "sputter"?....................................

Mike @ Tracy

Reaction score
First double check you're timing. normal wear on a plug will appear as a tan or grey deposits on the tip, An oil fouled plug is bad news, usually from worn rings or leaking valve seals. you can do a compression check in about half an hour and that will tell the tale of engine wear and compression loss. A restricted exhaust would cause poor performance, though I dont know how to check the exhaust without taking it off the truck. I plan on replacing my "cat" with a nice piece of 316 stainless pipe.

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
david@holycitytransportat