Steering Stablizers...

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Rednek

Reaction score
Everyones talking about steering stablizers (i know its spelled wrong) they are the horizontal shock looking deals on the steering rod deallie wallie right? what exactly do they do? it sounds like they pretty much speak for themselves? idk

how much?$$$:

easy to install?:

Benefits?:

Easy to maintain?:

thanks alot guys in advance...

later

images.jpg

Shadow_D

Reaction score
IIRC they are supposed to dampen the shock to the steering box from things like holes, logs and rocks etc. when you are off roading.

OP
OP
R

Rednek

Reaction score
cool. you dont happen to know the price? or mechanical brains required do you?

Shadow_D

Reaction score
They are simple to install and most come with good instructions. You can install them with common tools.

As far as price, I'm not sure but I would think you can get them on eBay for less than $100 each

dirtrider883

Reaction score
not sure of price, but i will say mine came unbolted from frame, (and my lazy ass hasn't re mounted it yet) My steering wheel plays **** on my wrists on the trails. well worth the money.

OP
OP
R

Rednek

Reaction score
what is the actual construction of them... do ya cut out part of the rod and put them in? i know absolutley nothing about them so if someone has time can ya explain them to me? websites havnt helped me any i need it from a actual person...

black beauty

Reaction score
all a steering stabilizer does is dappen the shock sent to the steering wheel after the tire unexpectadly hits a obstacle such as a tree root or rock. bigger tires=steering stabilizers. once you go past a 35' tire its usually a good rule of thumb to have dual stabilizers installed. you dont have to cut a section of the rod out to install them. different vehcles have different ways they have to be mounted. usually they are bolted to the frame on the passenger side of the truck and ALWAYS in front of the axle. where or what part the stabilizer connects to on the steering depends and make model year etc. last time i checked dual stabilizers went for about 90.00 and singles went for 70.00 and that was from rough country. my lift kit is that brand so im trying to keep it all the same brand until i do as SAS and start fresh sometime in the future

OP
OP
R

Rednek

Reaction score
they for sure look BADASSSSSS am i allowed to say that?

i dont wanna spend over $100 for now until my hay forks sell.. ill check em out

thanks alot black beauty that makes sence

OP
OP
R

Rednek

Reaction score
i bought dual stablizers... yayayaya lol $143 made by tuff country (rocky mountian suspension company)

it should match my pro comp mono tubes... =)

Last edited by a moderator:
OP
OP
R

Rednek

Reaction score
yeah i planned on taking pics of the set on the ground and my bronco without them... then takin a pic of the bronco with them...

i see you have flowmaster 40's it just caught my eye. and you say they are turndowns.... i thought they came out behine the back of the wheels parralel with the tires???

black beauty

Reaction score
my flows are right where yours sit probably. close to where the factory muffler was. i just have two flows instead but the turndowns come out of the very back of the muffler and point down at the ground. they are before the rear axle but yes they are parallel to the tires

OP
OP
R

Rednek

Reaction score
yeah okay ive seen the pics of them like for sale so i couldnt tell weather they were infront of behind the tires but i could tell that they came out parallel with tires........

thats cool thanks man..

always ready to learn sumthin

black beauty

Reaction score
ya man i just got them for sound purposes. the sound from the exhaust goes from the turndows and bounces of the ground, then back up to the bottom of the body then disperse. it just makes for gooood sound

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Boone_23