Speaker Replacement

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Red95gotpotential

Red95GotPotential
Reaction score
I purchased new door and rear speakers for my 95 Bronco. The front speakers are in and sound great however I'm not quite sure how to go about replacing the rear. I have heard it's as simple as removing the screen, and as difficult as removing the entire rear fender paneling. If anyone has any tips on the best way to go about things your help would be greatly appreciated.

muddridder

Reaction score
I purchased new door and rear speakers for my 95 Bronco. The front speakers are in and sound great however I'm not quite sure how to go about replacing the rear. I have heard it's as simple as removing the screen, and as difficult as removing the entire rear fender paneling. If anyone has any tips on the best way to go about things your help would be greatly appreciated.
I just had the speakers replaced in my 95 Bronco.I had a speaker place do it for that reason.I heard it was a project.

I put Menphis 3-way speakers all the way around and a New Kenwood head unit.I 'm also looking into a Bazooka Tube for some hard bass output.I am a total Metal-Head and I like it LOUD :blink: Ozzy,Pantera,Slipknot,Black Label Society,Slayer

Rob C

Reaction score
On my 93 xlt the rear speaker grills snap out and in with a ***** driver. Speakers are 6x8 and in with a torx or hex bolt I forgot which one

shift1313

Reaction score
my old 85 they werent stock but the piece the speakers go in was only cardboard.

bko4x4er

Reaction score
this is easy as cake. the cover on the rear speakers should just pop off . its not screwed in at all. there are 4 bolts that fit around the speaker holding it in. un do the bolts and the speaker just falls out. the wires in the back are still together. just pull them apart( they snap together)... and your speaker is out. just replace it with the new one and there you go.

my speakers used to only work when they were touched by metal. i think they were out of polarity.

Dagger_91Beast

Reaction score
Replaced the back's in my 91, literally a 10 min job. Pioneer (and several others) make 6x8's specifically for the Ford. Four screws and all done.

OP
OP
Red95gotpotential

Red95gotpotential

Red95GotPotential
Reaction score
Thanks for all of your help. The speaker covers did just pop right off in the back however the speakers are up behind the body paneling at the top so I had to remove several panels to get to the top screws as well.

Last edited by a moderator:

POTTER

Reaction score
anyone know what size the front speakers are? I know the back are 5X7/6X8's, but are the front the same??

LOSTinthewoods

Reaction score
The front speakers are 6 1/2 not 5 1/4.

Yea to have to pull the skins off use some finess the clips break easy and auto part stores dont carry many in stock.

Last edited by a moderator:

Staff online

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Boone_23