Side step’s and rails

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Tiha

Staff member
Reaction score
went back in the AC, cooled off welded that piece, then back inside.
I have gone through that exact thing. Few years ago it hit like 102 and we had to unload a trailer. Work outside for 2 minutes sit in AC for 20.

Afterwards I talked to a friend of mine that works out in it all the time.

He said you really need to be out in it all day and every time you step into AC it is a huge set back in your body's adjustment process.

Even though I am now old, he was right. If I start my day at a decent time and stay outside I can work all day and ignore the temps, but just sitting down in the AC for lunch is enough to **** my entire day.

The only thing that stops me now is trying to keep sweat out of my eyes. Dang seems impossible some days.

johnnyreb

Reaction score

johnnyreb

Reaction score
I have gone through that exact thing. Few years ago it hit like 102 and we had to unload a trailer. Work outside for 2 minutes sit in AC for 20.

Afterwards I talked to a friend of mine that works out in it all the time.

He said you really need to be out in it all day and every time you step into AC it is a huge set back in your body's adjustment process.

Even though I am now old, he was right. If I start my day at a decent time and stay outside I can work all day and ignore the temps, but just sitting down in the AC for lunch is enough to **** my entire day.

The only thing that stops me now is trying to keep sweat out of my eyes. Dang seems impossible some days.
Well I guess we all are gonna have to find ways to do something a little different then we used too.

johnnyreb

Reaction score
Looks really nice Mike. Just take it easy and be careful. Don,t over do it and it is not hard to do.

Or a milk crate---like my niece use,s
I think what we should do is ADJUST OUR TIME. Wait till the sun starts going down . When it starts cooling down. Then work. I quit trying to get something done .With sweat running in your eyes--wait till it cools down.

OP
OP
NotaVegetarian

NotaVegetarian

Reaction score
If I wait until it cools down it’ll be November. Got a little done today so far. But it is cooler only 104. 15 minutes outside 1 hour inside

643E8804-2868-441B-90BB-E9B10DE549DC.jpeg

johnnyreb

Reaction score
If I wait until it cools down it’ll be November. Got a little done today so far. But it is cooler only 104. 15 minutes outside 1 hour inside

View attachment 30127
Too hot for me. I went to Walmart yesterday and boughht a 6,000 btu air conditioner. Then visited my cousin after I got back. He told me he just got certified to work on and charge air conditioners.. He,s suppose to be down today. So I asked him to come down and get my 10,000 BTU One working. It really done a good

johnnyreb

Reaction score
Man I’m feeling old, all I did yesterday was set the welder up weld 4 tubes together. The thermostat on the shop wall showed 94 with the doors open the fans running. Clamped them together tacked one tube went back in the AC, cooled off welded that piece, then back inside.
Well all you can do Mike s take it easy--and try to figure out ways to do it,but if your like me lately. I was feeling really tried---and I went to the doctors office. I was low in iron, blood low and border line diabetic--anemic--so they got all that straightened out and tests of why I am looseing blood,but I am feeling better--after about 3 weeks. Yesterday I tinkered on my car--drove about 25 miles for a car part and done a good bit of weed eating and felt good. With God ,s help. Maybe they need to have a blood check on you? Good luck and I hope you feel alot better. Look up Mike.

OP
OP
NotaVegetarian

NotaVegetarian

Reaction score
I loaded this picture up and turned it to the right. What are you making hear Mike?
It’s a stand for the tube bender, it will be in a vertical position, it’s horizontally bolted to the table presently. Will be adding a air/hydraulic ram to the bender. With the ram it connects only to the bender so it will not have the be stationary. Will have casters so it can be easily moved about the shop. With my back I cannot pull the leaver anymore, or do I work quickly anymore.

willdy

Reaction score
Got short stainless nerf bars & did my own brackets. I'd gone around the truck 10 years ago taking out all the dings and these have prevented any door dings since. Still straight will be engraved on my gravestone and I'll be buried in this truck (unless my daughter talks me out of it).

Attachments

• Bronco01.jpg
    Bronco01.jpg
    479.1 KB · Views: 16

johnnyreb

Reaction score
Got short stainless nerf bars & did my own brackets. I'd gone around the truck 10 years ago taking out all the dings and these have prevented any door dings since. Still straight will be engraved on my gravestone and I'll be buried in this truck (unless my daughter talks me out of it).
Nice looking bronco you have their. It being a dark color. I,ll bet it took you a good while to all the dings out. Looks really nice.

willdy

Reaction score
Nice looking bronco you have their. It being a dark color. I,ll bet it took you a good while to all the dings out. Looks really nice.
Thank you JR. Over the years I've polished off a lot of paint from those nerf bars that would've been door dings. The paint is Rustoleum matte black rattle can which saved a lot of work in the finishing since it's not polished.

L\Bronco

Reaction score
Thank you JR. Over the years I've polished off a lot of paint from those nerf bars that would've been door dings. The paint is Rustoleum matte black rattle can which saved a lot of work in the finishing since it's not polished.
I love the color choice! Looks fantastic. I did an 81 years ago and painted it emerald green met. from a 99 lincoln T/C it was nice, but after the base was on it looked almost satin black and I nearly left it that color! Almost wish I had!
Cheers

johnnyreb

Reaction score
It looks really nice.

johnnyreb

Reaction score
It’s a stand for the tube bender, it will be in a vertical position, it’s horizontally bolted to the table presently. Will be adding a air/hydraulic ram to the bender. With the ram it connects only to the bender so it will not have the be stationary. Will have casters so it can be easily moved about the shop. With my back I cannot pull the leaver anymore, or do I work quickly anymore.
I looked at it and thought . Is he making steps to get in his bronco. I see what your doing now. Be careful and take your time.

willdy

Reaction score
I love the color choice! Looks fantastic. I did an 81 years ago and painted it emerald green met. from a 99 lincoln T/C it was nice, but after the base was on it looked almost satin black and I nearly left it that color! Almost wish I had!
Cheers
Thanks L. Using Rustoleum, I figured I could always go to Home Depot for touchup cans but there's a shortage the last couple years since covid. Never see more than a couple cans of the matte black squeeze trigger anymore.

L\Bronco

Reaction score
Thanks L. Using Rustoleum, I figured I could always go to Home Depot for touchup cans but there's a shortage the last couple years since covid. Never see more than a couple cans of the matte black squeeze trigger anymore.
That was aerosol??
I'm officially impressed!! Nice work!
Cheers

OP
OP
NotaVegetarian

NotaVegetarian

Reaction score
Like Rustoleum products use a lot of the spray on bed coating. Great stuff. Let it cure and it is a tough durable surface. Hey it comes in two colors Tan and Black

OP
OP
NotaVegetarian

NotaVegetarian

Reaction score
Well finally got it assembled installed the bender, started priming to new ram. Tried priming it in the vise. It wouldn’t pump for nothing. After priming it for two hours finally got it to pump a little. It stated 8 tons I can hold it down with two finger’s. Called the 800 number explained it to them, they didn’t seem too surprised. Stated they would send a new one. It’s all assembled waiting on a new air hydraulic jack. Here’s a picture of the air hydraulic long reach jack

Attachments

• 42265F2B-F4F2-4E47-BC0F-BA5918ECB74A.jpeg
    42265F2B-F4F2-4E47-BC0F-BA5918ECB74A.jpeg
    301 KB · Views: 7
  • FD8961E5-1D69-4069-AB9A-ACAD4E230DDD.jpeg
    FD8961E5-1D69-4069-AB9A-ACAD4E230DDD.jpeg
    375.4 KB · Views: 6

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads