rock sliders

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

89eddie89

Reaction score
so my buddy is selling some rock sliders at his shop... i was seeing what you all think is a decent price for them.

and also what you all think about rock sliders on a bronco?? good or bad idea??

BB33's

Reaction score
It depends on the Brand of the sliders and type. I would stay away from the large 4") diameter ones as these are usually made of weaker tube(I am not talking about side steps these are a totally different animal). I say a set should cost around 300 bucks for some good quality ones. As far as it being a bad or good idea I think if you do alot of rockcrawling or other extreme offroading It is a good Idea. If just being put on for use as a step I think it is better to use a side step because rock sliders generally stay very close to the body. Hope this helps.

OP
OP

89eddie89

Reaction score
i may just end up going with a step up. i want the rocksliders cause they look sweetttt but yeah i guess i would save a hella lot of $$ if i just went with the step ups..

i am also trying to sell some regular cab f150 step up bars. they came off my old 94 f150. i had them on for 2 weeks

:D /emoticons/[email protected] 2x" width="20" height="20" />

Broncobill78

Reaction score
When you say "rock sliders" are you talking about nerf bars ? (is the language evolving before my very eyes or am I just dating myself by using the term ?) If so then they should cost aroun $200-$250 for a set. As to whether or not they're a good idea that really depends on what-all you're *doing* with the truck. Nerf bars started out as a way for rock-crawlers to avoid smashing the **** out of their rocker panels while rock-climning and just generally goofing around. If you do a lot of rock-climbing or are inclined to goof around then sure, go right ahead & get a pair because they'll eventually save your rockers. It didn't take very long for people to realize that with a small flat spot added to the top of the bar it also made a real nifty step to get up & into the truck. Now as far as steps go they're a bit pricey but hey, some guys just like the look. Either way, hopefully that will give you enough info to make a decision. As a brief sidebar, 4" tubing seems a bit excessive to me but on the other hand almost every time I drive down to the store or anywhere else I seem to see somebody driving around in a 4cyl car that has 4" exhaust and 6" exhaust tips (I'm guessing that helps with all the NOSS they use <cringe>)

Jersey

Reaction score
Thank god you said "nerf bars". I was seriously feeling ******** because I had NO IDEA what rock sliders were......LOL

Jersey

Reaction score
Actually I was talking about actual rock sliders.
http://jptruckparts.com/store/images/rocksliders-600.gif

^ those are the rock sliders i was referring to.

OOOOHHHHHH!!! My bad. I have seen them before, were called something else up here. I do believe it was slide rails.. I guess if you are gonna do alotta off roading as to where you need them, all the protection you can get cant hurt. If they end up looking like I think they would, might be a cool idea.

OP
OP

89eddie89

Reaction score
Yeah I mean im not the guy who goes around rock crawling or extreme wheeling.

But there are times when i would feel much safer knowing my rocker panels are being protected, you know... just in case.

Last edited by a moderator:

Jersey

Reaction score
I agree. You never know, and if it adds to the overall look, more power to ya. I know I havent seen a setup like that up here in a ***** age, and everyone up here copycats each other. I like to see an original idea every now and again.

Broncobill78

Reaction score
To my eyes those are nerf bars. I mean, nerf bars have been around since the 70's or so and basically as a group they attach to the frame between the front & rear tires and extend outward to protect the rocker panels. What I'm seeing in the photo is a pre-runner style nerf bar.

I guess it's just a tOmato/tomAto sort of thing. It must be generational, sorta like nitrous/NO2 & Noss :) /emoticons/[email protected] 2x" width="20" height="20" />

Last edited by a moderator:
OP
OP

89eddie89

Reaction score
Yeah.

Well i think im going to be able to get them for about $140.

I also want to use them as a "step up"

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Boone_23