rewiring advise

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

tomassjj

Reaction score
i was wondering which is best? ive been to ez wire site and the centech site. the ez wire seems like its a general kit and not specific, were th centch group is more specific. th only hitch is that th centech group doesnt have (atleast i cant find it) a specific 1 from th full size bronco, ive seen th early bronco and a general ford kits. my question is will th general ford kit work on my 79 bronco? has ne1 done this, used either of these kits or knows of better kits to purchase? im not a pro at working on cars but have basic knowledge of cars. r these kits as ez as they make them seem? any probs to look forward to when doin this job? iam wanting to do this cause pervious owners have done some rewiring of there own and there r alot of wires not connected and am havin trouble with electronics i.e. starter not workin, brake light on dash will not go off, turn signal for left turn will not go off on dash, doesnot flash. there is no turn signals at all. lights and evrything else works radio, head lights, brakes illuminating dash lights.

OP
OP
T

tomassjj

Reaction score
Why not go to a salvage yard and get exactly what you need from the same year, make and model?
that would b almost evry thing undr th dash. there r all sorts of wires hang with hno connection or points that would lead me to where they r supposd to go. wires that r spliced togethr with no connectors just twisted togethr. seems like it would help me in th long run specialy with my prob of th starter no turnin over

OP
OP
T

tomassjj

Reaction score
does any 1 know if th centech wiring kit that is for late 60s to 77 bronco will work on a full size? prob not huh since to 2 are completely diff in sizes, or if the kit for a ford "not specified year or model" will work? gues i 'll have to call them n find out if they can make me one

Rons beast

Reaction score
Florida..in my mind , sitting on the beach
Don't know about that kit for a 60 to 77 fitting your 79.

Try Painleess, I believe they have a kit for your Bronco that has all the correct terminations, and good connectors and looming. ( get the complete kit, not the partial kit.) I have used painless products, though not on my Beast, and they are very good quality.

The centech is cheeper, but you get what you pay for.

I wouldn't get a salvage harness,being so old it may have as many problems as you're trying to correct.

Let us know your decision and results.

Good Luck

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Fryman22