Revisions And Updates - Front End

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

OzFord

Reaction score
I am needing to purchase a Bronco, having just driven a Friends 86. When the 80's Bronco was introduced to Australia there was an issue with the left side front tyre wear. I think it was fixed when the dual shock version arrived with different geometry. Can anyone confirm or deny this? Also is there a lemon in the model range or are they all good?

Justshootme84

Rest in Peace Friend! Never forgotten..
Reaction score
Welcome to Bronco Zone, and be sure to post some info in the "Introductions" forum on your Bronco if you find one. The Twin Traction Beam (TTB) front axle in all 80-96 Broncos does have a tendency for tire wear if the alignment is not kept proper, more so than a straight axle or IFS. A common problem is worn radius arm bushings, which control the front axle beams. The 80/81 Broncos have some frame strength issue in the rear. I know a couple of blokes in OZ with Broncs, and they are the ultimate 4WD. IF you have the chance to get one, I say buy it!!!