RETURN OF THE BRONCO II? WHAT WE CAN LEARN FROM THE ORIGINAL "BABY BRONCO" OF THE '80S

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Skitter302

Staff member
Reaction score
Seen a bunch of the smaller Bronco Sports on the road. (Its a Bronco II and FORD should of named it so). The styling is good but the drive train makes the Sport seem more like an Escape but in drag.

paul rondelli

Reaction score
As long as Ford continues to market the Bronco as a capable, tough, 4x4 ... I could care less about size.

When they come out with a 2wd mall crawler or a lowered Bronco ..... I'm out

chrlsful

Reaction score
Its a Ford Division now (just like lincoln or merc). I still wait for them to put the Raptor underneath ina 90 inch WB - 2dor. We can learn from the BII that ford can lead. 1st w/the falcon alt to the vedub bug desimating the usa auto industry - spauned the SUV'n muscle era (bronk & stang) then the dwn szed suv BII. (Rav4, CRV & the followers). But that is not what's sought. A cj or whatever-called-now beater is my interest~
the cj8 or scrambler (in alsaka postal livery) was abt right too.

johnnyreb

Reaction score
I,d like to see a drawing of the Bonco members come up with ,.What they should look like and the innards (motor-transmission-gears. ) I don,t know who designs these vehicles now days,but they sure don,t have any sight for design or good taste. The Bronco was first made for the backwoods . Its ruggedness and dependability. Not a street crusier or drag racer. If we want that. We,d get a car.

johnnyreb

Reaction score
Seen a bunch of the smaller Bronco Sports on the road. (Its a Bronco II and FORD should of named it so). The styling is good but the drive train makes the Sport seem more like an Escape but in drag.
The pictures I have seen of them. They can take them to the scrap yard. They don,t look a bit comfortable nor do they look anything like a Ford Bronco. More like a Scout . ,but even the scout looks alot better.

goodO1boydws

Reaction score
Seen a bunch of the smaller Bronco Sports on the road. (Its a Bronco II and FORD should of named it so). The styling is good but the drive train makes

No way. With the same type of drivetrain AND its unibody, its just an overinflated, overhyped, squared off, less prettified Escape. (from a REAL BII owner)

paul rondelli

Reaction score
Welcome good01boydws

I'm starting a new job up there in Wartburg Tenn. next week. Hope to see some Broncos up there around Rocky top...... maybe a windrock trip in the near future.

goodO1boydws

Reaction score
Welcome good01boydws

I'm starting a new job up there in Wartburg Tenn. next week. Hope to see some Broncos up there around Rocky top...... maybe a windrock trip in the near future.

You'll see a bunch of BII survivors still on (and off) road in Tenn and KY -especially where its mostly woods and steep. Same with Suzuki Samurai's, both very narrow and maneuverable. Helps in getting around the-all-too-common downed branches and not-infrequent trees on twisty county roads and logging/tractor trails.

If you plan to drive around much on lightly travelled very rural roads more to the East end of the state and don't have a chainsaw, I'd advise getting one and keeping it with you. Cell signals are spotty in MANY placesi n the foothills of the Smokies and with bad luck it can be a while before anyone ELSE comes along with one. Plus if you're alone it can be a very long way backing up (usually around curves) to a wide enough place to turn around safely.

Last edited: