replacing mufflers

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Bulldog99

Reaction score
Hey guys i got a 92 ford bronco and that has headers and dual exhaust. Well my 2 mufflers on each exhaust are pretty damn rusted through not much of them left and i was thinking of replacing them. Now i dont know what kind are on there right now like i said theres not much to go buy you cant really see any logos or anything. My tuck has a deap sounding roar that i want to keep and i dont want to sound a like a freakin rice burner so i would like to know which ones sound deep. please let me know guys thanx alot

Broncobill78

Reaction score
Well, jeez that's sort of like asking what's the best tire to run. There are about as many mufflers as there are tires and everyone is going to have a different opinion. I don't think you need to worry about anything with a V8 & dual exhaust sounding Asian, just not gonna happen so don't worry about it. With that out of the way I'll make two quick suggestions, first and probably easiest just go to your local speed shop or muffler place & ask for a set or cheap turbo mufflers. they'll find you something that runs less than $50 each and you'll probably be happy as can be with the sound. Put them on there, be done with it and move on with your life. If you want to be REALLY sure nobody thinks there's another Nissan in the neighborhood then walk on the wild side & ask for a set of glass packs. Cherry Bombs by Thrush are my brand of choice but there are others and they're just as easy to install as turbos and cheaper to boot.

Hey guys i got a 92 ford bronco and that has headers and dual exhaust. Well my 2 mufflers on each exhaust are pretty damn rusted through not much of them left and i was thinking of replacing them. Now i dont know what kind are on there right now like i said theres not much to go buy you cant really see any logos or anything. My tuck has a deap sounding roar that i want to keep and i dont want to sound a like a freakin rice burner so i would like to know which ones sound deep. please let me know guys thanx alot

bidibronco

Reaction score
I like the sound of no mufflers... ****** off the neighbors but they run around with their stereo's up so loud it rattles my windows so what goes around comes around... Also, Borla has a pretty good sound but if I remember correctly they're a little on the expensive side.

Broncobill78

Reaction score
Ooohhhhh, Borlas. Very nice even if they are a bit pricey. 100% stainless though so you put them on once & forget about them until you sell or wreck the truck & that's when you take them off to put on the next one.

I'm also a big fan of the SuperTrapp mufflers. They're great when clearance is a problem (like next to the transfer case) since they go on at the very end of the line & look like fancy exhaust tips. You can change the number of disks bolted onto the end to change the volume & tone of your exhaust, they've gotta be about the only muffler out there that you can tune.

I like the sound of no mufflers... ****** off the neighbors but they run around with their stereo's up so loud it rattles my windows so what goes around comes around... Also, Borla has a pretty good sound but if I remember correctly they're a little on the expensive side.

miesk5

96 Bronco 5.0
Staff member
Reaction score
I have some Sound Clips in my site under Exhaust...pick out closest to what you want;

also, Walker makes a nice aluminized steel exact fit muffler/tail pipe + hangers for our Broncos; they are OEM for the Bronco and mine is still good after 11 years. About $113.00 each....Avail @ Adv Auto (besr prices), NAPA (slightly higher $), etc.

and has their:

Walker

bluefordcat

Reaction score

LOL I LOVE IT !the aditude. good thinking & reasoning , That is what I should do too LOL

KansasBronco

Reaction score
i have 2 18" glass packs. its still loud as ****!!!!! and i am also In the navy. i just thought i would throw that out there

2NDTOUR89

Reaction score
I just had 3" exhaust put on mine with a Flowmaster Delta 40 muffler on it. LOUD but great sounding. I have to agree, it might **** of the neighbors but the ricers in my neighborhood have the coffee cans on the back of their Hondas and bump their stereos too so mine isnt so bad compared to them...

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Boone_23