replacement roof

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Broncobill78

Reaction score
Anyone know of a source for replacement roof panels ? LMC doesn't carry them and neither do any of the other vendors I know of. I really *don't* want to start shopping nationally for a used roof assembly (although I suppose Jeff's would have one. didn't see it in the catalog though. oh, wait, they dropped the Jeff's part of the name didn't they :) /emoticons/[email protected] 2x" width="20" height="20" /> ), the time & labor to fab & weld in repair panels will probably be prohibitive. All of the damage in on the front half (both sides & the bottom of the drivers roof pillar) so I suppose I could section an F-truck roof and use that if push comes to shove. Any help or info will be appreciated

Last edited by a moderator:

Yardape

Reaction score
I would say go to the auto wreckers and grab the whole roof, then remove the whole skin at the seam sealed joints and factory tack welds. be much easier swap than patching in a piece here and there. A pickup roof wont work because the bronco has the raised portion at the rear of the cab

OP
OP
Broncobill78

Broncobill78

Reaction score
What I had been thinking was to use the windshield pillars and forward 3/4 of a pickup roof since the rust is all confined to the front half of the bad roof, the back half near the raised part is still solid (the front edge of that raised part would probably make a good place to weld it). The only problem with grabbing an entire roof assembly is *finding* one. There aren't any 78/79's within at least 100+ mile radius (at least from what I've been able to find so far). 30yr old Broncos are getting scarce in the boneyards, a lot of them have been shredded by now. The Graveyard will probably have one but it would probably be a special part since they don't show one in the catalog. I'm going to call them on Monday. The 66'-77' guys have 11 years worth of output to scrounge from as well as a pretty healthy aftermarket & even though the 80-96's break down into 3 separate groups there are still a lot of trucks out there to pull from. The only saving grace for the 78/79 crowd is the 73-79 F-trucks but when it comes to roofs, tailgates & quarter panels it becomes a problem. Patching it piecemeal is really the last thing I want to do.

Last edited by a moderator:

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Boone_23