Rear Window

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

bluesman17

Spam Terminator
Reaction score
My rear window has started to get hung up when going up and a little when going down it seems to be about 3/4 the way up and will squeal while fighting to get past that spot. Do I not have the cap lined up right ( I took it off probably like 10 times this summer) or has the track become messed up somehow? Any thoughts?

Lou85bronco

Reaction score
Two things I would suggest.. I've had similar problems with mine over the past.

(1 easiest) get some thick tire silicone (black magic or some ture shine with heavy silicone) at auto zone or a similar store and coat the seal on the top where the window goes in.. alot of times that rubber seal becomes really dry, or gunky and has a tendance to snag or slow a window.

(2nd) try removing the panel on the inside of the tailgate you should have a clear view of the track... if its carpeted, pull the carpet the panel will be behind it.. Get some good grease and **** that bad boy up.

Those two together should set that window free, if not you could be looking at a motor replacement.. but that doesn't sound like the case...also, it doesn't sound like the track is messed up.. usually when that happens I've noticed that the glass will tilt or not go up at all..etc.. try the two I suggested.. they should work fine. :)>-

Ktomek06

Reaction score
Same thing happened to me..its the weatherstripping

on mine the weatherstripping on the top that seals the tailgate and the sides of the top is prolly in the way...try to reposition the top to where the weatherstrip is not in the way when it tries to go up..at least it worked for me

Windchaser

Reaction score
My problem was the pins that hold the rollers were breaking off. If the weather stripping doesn't work try getting a Regulator Roller Kit. Much cheaper than the regulator that I bought.

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Sufferedformula