Rear Window Switch Removel?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Grey2003

Reaction score
Yes, I did search and although I remember reading how to do it, I can't find the page that tells me how to get the rear window dash switch out. I have the how to on how to test it, but not how to actually get the switch out of the stinkin dash. Please help. Thanks.

Roadkill

Reaction score
The dash is pretty easy to get off. Just remove the trim strips (see photo) on the right and left side of stearing wheel, they just pop off. Underneath you will find a couple of screws. Remove those and then gently pry the panel loose. Besides the screws it is also held on by spring clips like the ones on the trim strip. As you pull the panel from the dash, disconect electric plugs to the window swith, rear defroster switch, and 4x4 buttons (if you have those). Then you can take the dash out and get to the screws holding the switch to the back side of the dash.

Of course, you will still have to do something about that super-glued **** before you start the above steps. :( The light switch does not come out with the dash. The dash panel slides over the shaft once the **** is removed.

dash.jpg

Last edited by a moderator:

keeprollling

Reaction score
The dash is pretty easy to get off. Just remove the trim strips (see photo) on the right and left side of stearing wheel, they just pop off. Underneath you will find a couple of screws. Remove those and then gently pry the panel loose. Besides the screws it is also held on by spring clips like the ones on the trim strip. As you pull the panel from the dash, disconect electric plugs to the window swith, rear defroster switch, and 4x4 buttons (if you have those). Then you can take the dash out and get to the screws holding the switch to the back side of the dash.
Of course, you will still have to do something about that super-glued **** before you start the above steps. :( The light switch does not come out with the dash. The dash panel slides over the shaft once the **** is removed.

View attachment 7777
Be careful with the light switch though. I had a hard time removing it, I was able to get to the rear release button for the ****, but now my dash panel lights do not turn on.

OP
OP
G

Grey2003

Reaction score
Be careful with the light switch though. I had a hard time removing it, I was able to get to the rear release button for the ****, but now my dash panel lights do not turn on.
Thanks. Yeah I did manage to get the light pull off with a small hole punch pushing against the tab, and now thanks to you I know where the screws are that hold the dash. Have a great weekend.

miesk5

96 Bronco 5.0
Staff member
Reaction score
YO!

Also; if you have any Instrument Panel Warning Light sout; now is da time to replace those too;

Many relevant pics and info by Kuss in his White Faced Gauge pics install project

In his # 10); I managed to lift the gauge cluster up and tilted it to disconnect the connector to PSOM, and other gauges....

now you can replace any of da bulbs.

Next is da Shift Cable Adjustment for 92-96 rotate the thumb wheel located on right-hand side of steering column actuator housing so indicator lines up properly w/each gear or reverse/park etc Letter.. try not to bend that cable/wire!

a more detailed version by Steve

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
tsebalj