Rear Slip Yoke Disaster 1998

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

mudrocketsouth

Reaction score
After dodging massive semi-truck retread debris I punched the old 302 to pass a couple I-10 Bigrigs on my way to work. After doing so I heard some "clunking", a little "clacking" and a couple "bing-bang-pows". Lost power, aimed to the all to familiar shoulder and examined. Rear drive shaft was gone. U joint MIA, Pinion Yoke busted. Got a new pinion yoke but still need a slip yoke for my rig. Went to Ford dealership as last resort only to special order 2 yokes that did not fit. They gave me a little one with 24 splines and then a big one with 31 or 32 slipes. I needed a big one with 16 splines. 8.8 I think. Does anyone know where I can get one of these rear driveshaft slip yokes for a 1988 Fullsize 4X4 Bronco with a 302?

Txquadhunter

Reaction score
trying looking at www.broncograveyard.com or head to a wreaking yard to fuind a shaft with the same spline you need and take it to a driveline shop to be cut and balanced to match your old shaft.

I had lots of trouble blowing the CV joint in my shaft just behind the tcase. I went to a yard and found a front part of the slip shaft and cut it down to the same size as my old with the CV. No more trouble blowing joints since.

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Sufferedformula