rear quarter panels 1978-79

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

miesk5

96 Bronco 5.0
Staff member
Reaction score
I remeber seeing a tool. I think from Eastwood. That off set the piece you were gonna add to. After you dimpled the metal. You laid in the new part and it was smooth.Then you added in materal to cover up . To make it look like 1 piece.Do you recall the tools name or saw it?
Yo JOHNNY.
We've used
31021 Panel Flanger + Extra-Wide Panel Flanger (Save over individual prices!)

Application Tips​

The Panel Flanger with 5/8" wide jaw produces a neat step in up to 18 gauge metal. Works well on both straight or curved areas. The offset tooling matches the flanger produced by the Extra Wide Panel Flanger (31090).
Screenshot_20210722-125227_Chrome.jpg
Adjustable Locking Flanger helps you repair flush panels easily.
  • Creates straight or curved flanges 5/8" x 5/8" wide
  • Strong cam-action jaws
  • Fits into hard-to-reach areas
Eastwood's Adjustable Locking Panel Flanger produces a step deep enough for flush repairs in 18-gauge or thinner metal.

Contents​

Adjustable Locking Panel Flanger

Accessories​

31021 Panel Flanger + Extra-Wide Panel Flanger (Save over individual prices!)

Application Tips​

The Panel Flanger with 5/8" wide jaw produces a neat step in up to 18 gauge metal. Works well on both straight or curved areas. The offset tooling matches the flanger produced by the Extra Wide Panel Flanger (31090).

Safety Information​

Always follow all instructions and warnings and wear proper eye, ear, skin and respiratory protection.

Eastwood Offers Free Lifetime Technical Support
Click here for product SDS information

Last edited:

johnnyreb

Reaction score
Yo JOHNNY.
We've use

Thanks Mike. I appreciate it. i REMEBER WE USED cleko,s holding panels in the navy. They worked good. I bought a set a few years back. My uncle said he had never seen them and they would be handy. Said he was gonna get a set. I think he was hinting for mine. I told him where he could buy them.haha

johnnyreb

Reaction score
Thanks Mike. I appreciate it. i REMEBER WE USED cleko,s holding panels in the navy. They worked good. I bought a set a few years back. My uncle said he had never seen them and they would be handy. Said he was gonna get a set. I think he was hinting for mine. I told him where he could buy them.haha
I believe a person could take to pieces of metal and weld them to vice grips and save alot. That,s all it is. Mike the thickness of the metal your gonna put on and cut down the same thickness and weld them to the grips.

OP
OP
W

wobbly-pop

Reaction score
wel i did it. i ordered 1/4 pach panels from mills. quarters are out of stock. anyone want some 22gauge rear quarters to glue on their bronco i will sell the pair for 300 bucks. come and get them. im in northwest tennessee. 731-695-0657

johnnyreb

Reaction score
i may just use arch patch panels. i guess i can make expensive wall hanger out of the quarters i puchased. so many places selling junk these days with no accountability
That,s alot of money. I,d call them up.Ask who you are speaking to and tell them you want someone in charge. Tell them and IF they refuse to give back your FULL REFUND. Tell them you are gonna contact Michigan state Attorney General and report the. I got a bad battery at Walmart and took it back. The woman got real snotty with me and wouldn,t replace it or give me a refund what I paid-$129 . So I looked at her and told her the **** she will I,d show her. I called W.Va Attorney Generals Office and explained everything. A few days later I got a form to fill out and mail back. Then I got a letter from them. They said to go back to Wqalmart and show them the letter and IF they did not comply.The state would handle it. I got my refund and satisfaction of telling the snotty woman. I told you I would get it.Turn them in if the refuse your request. Its a toll free number.Good luck.

johnnyreb

Reaction score
That,s alot of money. I,d call them up.Ask who you are speaking to and tell them you want someone in charge. Tell them and IF they refuse to give back your FULL REFUND. Tell them you are gonna contact Michigan state Attorney General and report the. I got a bad battery at Walmart and took it back. The woman got real snotty with me and wouldn,t replace it or give me a refund what I paid-$129 . So I looked at her and told her the **** she will I,d show her. I called W.Va Attorney Generals Office and explained everything. A few days later I got a form to fill out and mail back. Then I got a letter from them. They said to go back to Wqalmart and show them the letter and IF they did not comply.The state would handle it. I got my refund and satisfaction of telling the snotty woman. I told you I would get it.Turn them in if the refuse your request. Its a toll free number.Good luck.
You may also contact Tenn Att.Gen and file a complaint against them them. They don,t want bad publisity.

OP
OP
W

wobbly-pop

Reaction score
they probably would refund my money but it would cost 2-3 hundred dollar to ship back to them and with the way my luck is going they would get damage during shipping and they would refuse them back. so ill try to sell them and if worst case senerio happens and cant sell them ill make a pull behind trailer to match my bronco out of them.

johnnyreb

Reaction score
they probably would refund my money but it would cost 2-3 hundred dollar to ship back to them and with the way my luck is going they would get damage during shipping and they would refuse them back. so ill try to sell them and if worst case senerio happens and cant sell them ill make a pull behind trailer to match my bronco out of them.
Well its a sad situation and would make anyone mad. Good luck.

OX1

Reaction score
out of stock

Ever get any confirmation on guage thickness. If correct, might pick these
up now (if/when back in stock) just in case I did a full restoration "some day".

Did Mill have the lower rear corners of 1/4 panel patch panels (for Bronco or F150)?
The one I got recently from JBG was missing an area towards TG, but they were the only
one at the time I could find had that panel at all. So I had to add material to it.

miesk5

96 Bronco 5.0
Staff member
Reaction score
Ever get any confirmation on guage thickness. If correct, might pick these
up now (if/when back in stock) just in case I did a full restoration "some day".

Did Mill have the lower rear corners of 1/4 panel patch panels (for Bronco or F150)?
The one I got recently from JBG was missing an area towards TG, but they were the only
one at the time I could find had that panel at all. So I had to add material to it.
Yo OX1,
WELCOME!
Their 79 Bronco body parts On-line Store site is https://www.millsupply.com/auto-bod.../bronco/1979/wheel-arches-and-quarter-panels/.
They were primed and of 18 gauge steel; exact fit around wheel well arch and packaged very well for shipping.
I ordered it on 6 JUN 2011 @ 1225 hours and received on 8 JUN 2011 !!!
S & H cost for both from Cleveland, OH to NJ was $12.xx
Screenshot_20210726-091750_Chrome.jpg
Screenshot_20210726-091741_Chrome.jpg

johnnyreb

Reaction score
My friend said they were 18 gauge
Also have you check NPD-- its spelled ou NATIONAL PARTS DEPOT-----they have alot of parts and also smal parts. They have a catalog you can order and also look at the parts on line. Plus a number you can call and ask questions.

johnnyreb

Reaction score
Also have you check NPD-- its spelled ou NATIONAL PARTS DEPOT-----they have alot of parts and also smal parts. They have a catalog you can order and also look at the parts on line. Plus a number you can call and ask questions.
They have 3 parts store --1 in Michigan--1IN fLORIDA AND 1 In North Carolina--different phnoe numers for each one. Good luck.

OP
OP
W

wobbly-pop

Reaction score
Well its a sad situation and would make anyone mad. Good luck.
do know if you have tried shipping these days, seem i can get something like tires or something shipped free but i bought a tire carrier in toledo and it cost me 120 bucks to have it shipped to me. and that was using greyhound. ups was 275. seems corporations are getting a big discount and consumer are paying double. this is so people will not send their junk back to them.

johnnyreb

Reaction score
do know if you have tried shipping these days, seem i can get something like tires or something shipped free but i bought a tire carrier in toledo and it cost me 120 bucks to have it shipped to me. and that was using greyhound. ups was 275. seems corporations are getting a big discount and consumer are paying double. this is so people will not send their junk back to them.
Try ordering a little scre for a gun. It might run you $8 and the ***** will cost about $4. Talk about getting the shaft. Even car light bulbs--made in China--your alot better off going to a junk yard and getting them out of old cars. They will burn.Anytime you see the SILVE BOTTOM on light bulbs and special---pass--their China junk and half don,t burn.

OX1

Reaction score
Yo OX1,
WELCOME!
Their 79 Bronco body parts On-line Store site is https://www.millsupply.com/auto-bod.../bronco/1979/wheel-arches-and-quarter-panels/.
They were primed and of 18 gauge steel; exact fit around wheel well arch and packaged very well for shipping.
I ordered it on 6 JUN 2011 @ 1225 hours and received on 8 JUN 2011 !!!
S & H cost for both from Cleveland, OH to NJ was $12.xx
View attachment 28109
View attachment 28107

Thanks, was that 12$ odd dollars to ship? Was 10 year ago I guess, but that shipping seems insanely low.
Besides full 1/4's, this is the panel I was talking about, no one else has it.

It does not wrap around all the way to line up with edge between 1/4 and TG. I had to add to it.
This how wide it should be on lower rear edge of 1/4

20210103_103845.jpg

and patch was only this wide.

20210103_103950.jpg

I called JBG and they said that is the way they are, so I had to cut and "paste" a new edge in.

20210113_064700.jpg

20210116_144039.jpg

20210116_144924.jpg

Still needs some "fine tuning"

20210131_132014.jpg

OX1

Reaction score
They have 3 parts store --1 in Michigan--1IN fLORIDA AND 1 In North Carolina--different phnoe numers for each one. Good luck.

Yes, thanks, I have ordered from them. I was mainly interested in a set of 1/4's IF they werer dead close to the originals.
If it's just the one's that "everyone" gets, from some single supplier, then no major rush for me.

johnnyreb

Reaction score
Thanks, was that 12$ odd dollars to ship? Was 10 year ago I guess, but that shipping seems insanely low.
Besides full 1/4's, this is the panel I was talking about, no one else has it.

It does not wrap around all the way to line up with edge between 1/4 and TG. I had to add to it.
This how wide it should be on lower rear edge of 1/4

View attachment 28116

and patch was only this wide.

View attachment 28117

I called JBG and they said that is the way they are, so I had to cut and "paste" a new edge in.

View attachment 28118

View attachment 28119

View attachment 28120

Still needs some "fine tuning"

View attachment 28121

If you will look in behind it. You,ll see what cause it to rust out. No drain holes. Dill about 2-1/2 inch holes in the bottom amd you should noy have any more problems. Looking good.