rear quarter panels 1978-79

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

wobbly-pop

Reaction score
ive bought both rear quarters from bronco graveyard. got them in and there is no way im cutting off my rear quarter to put on this junk. it is 22 gauge paper thin ****. does anyone know where i can find quality replacement panels or patch panels for 1979 bronco ?

johnnyreb

Reaction score
ive bought both rear quarters from bronco graveyard. got them in and there is no way im cutting off my rear quarter to put on this junk. it is 22 gauge paper thin ****. does anyone know where i can find quality replacement panels or patch panels for 1979 bronco ?
Their is a place near Cleveland,Ohio. I think the name of the company is MIL and I have heard great results from them The quallity of the material and shipping out parts. If I find out more. I,ll let you know. Thanks for the info about Jeff,s

johnnyreb

Reaction score
Their is a place near Cleveland,Ohio. I think the name of the company is MIL and I have heard great results from them The quallity of the material and shipping out parts. If I find out more. I,ll let you know. Thanks for the info about Jeff,s
tHE NAME OF THE COMANY IN Mill Supply Company and the do have 78

miesk5

96 Bronco 5.0
Staff member
Reaction score
Yo wobbly-pop,
Welcome!
As johnnyreb advised,
We replaced such rust sections with 1/4 panel patch panels from MILL SUPPLY, Cleveland, OH
(See https://www.millsupply.com/auto-body-rust-repair-panels/ford/bronco/1979/?page=2
Call them and ask for the gauge thickness.)

They were primed and of 18 gauge steel - exact fit around wheel well arch and packaged very well for shipping.

They also have Upper rear wheel arch area and other 1/4 panel patch panels.

In lieu of welding the panels in-place, consider a quick attachment body adhesive.
Mill sells "Silaprene Adhesive/Sealant, bonds body panels, body seams, roofs. Adhesive will not allow panel to come loose. Used to mount or fasten just about anything together. An adhesive sealant made to last. Actually gets stronger with age, won't brittle or crack from vibration or thermal shock. Withstands extreme temperatures, unaffected by highway chemicals. Used by body manufacturers. Six month shelf life. 10.1 fluid oz. caulk tube, gray in color.
Click here for MSDS sheet" @ https://www.millsupply.com/silaprene-adhesive-sealant-87000.php?p=60
There are other panel sources, but I like Mill.

Here's the 1979 Bronco/F Series Electrical & Vacuum Troubleshooting Manual by Ford via member Ziggy⚠ @
1979 Ford Bronco Wiring Manual pictures, videos, and sounds | SuperMotors.net
It shows Electrical component location, operation, troubleshooting, with wiring and vacuum diagrams.

1979 Ford Bronco Wiring Schematics, Connector Pin-outs, etc by Ranger429 @ 79 wiring schematics

1979 Bronco Brochure @ https://www.xr793.com/wp-content/uploads/2020/07/1979-Ford-Bronco.pdf via Dezo's Garage

1979 Ford Bronco vs. Blazer Article by Ford via Indybronco @ 1978 Ford Bronco Bronco vs. Blazer (79) pictures, videos, and sounds | SuperMotors.net

Ford Shop Manual Diagrams: 1978-1979 Full Size Shop Manuals, partial @ Technical Diagrams Archives
My Tablet takes hours to download, so try the first in this list as long as you have Adobe Acrobat 9 or later installed.
Includes:
Wiring Manuals & Diagrams Download PDF
This complete manual for the 1972-1979 Ford Bronco Includes Rear Lights Diagram
Motor Manuals & Diagrams Download PDF
This complete manual for the 1972-1979 Ford Bronco Includes Air Cleaner Diagram
Chassis Manuals & Diagrams Download PDF
This complete manual for the 1972-1979 Ford Bronco Includes '78 Brakes Diagram, Gas Tank Setup Diagram
Body Manuals & Diagrams Download PDF This complete manual for the 1972-1979 Ford Bronco Includes; Upper Body Diagram, Front Clip Diagram, heater Ducts Diagram, Tailgate Diagram, Console Diagram, Front Clip Diagram, Grill Setup Diagram, Heater Controls Diagram, Interior Trip Diagram, Rear Sheetmetal Diagram, Tiltwheel Diagram, Tire Rack
Let me know if the downloads are worth the effort.

See Bubba's M-Block Ford V8 Workshop by Dave Resch

Partial Chilton Manual for 1978, 1979, 1980, 1981 Bronco. Scanned by broncocity.com @ Bronco City
GL!

johnnyreb

Reaction score
Yo wobbly-pop,
Welcome!
As johnnyreb advised,
We replaced such rust sections with 1/4 panel patch panels from MILL SUPPLY, Cleveland, OH
(See https://www.millsupply.com/auto-body-rust-repair-panels/ford/bronco/1979/?page=2

They were primed and of 18 gauge steel - exact fit around wheel well arch and packaged very well for shipping.

In lieu of welding the panels in-place, consider a quick attachment body adhesive.
Mill sells "Silaprene Adhesive/Sealant, bonds body panels, body seams, roofs. Adhesive will not allow panel to come loose. Used to mount or fasten just about anything together. An adhesive sealant made to last. Actually gets stronger with age, won't brittle or crack from vibration or thermal shock. Withstands extreme temperatures, unaffected by highway chemicals. Used by body manufacturers. Six month shelf life. 10.1 fluid oz. caulk tube, gray in color.
Click here for MSDS sheet" @ https://www.millsupply.com/silaprene-adhesive-sealant-87000.php?p=60

Here's the 1979 Bronco/F Series Electrical & Vacuum Troubleshooting Manual by Ford via member Ziggy⚠ @
It shows Electrical component location, operation, troubleshooting, with wiring and vacuum diagrams.

1979 Ford Bronco Wiring Schematics, Connector Pin-outs, etc by Ranger429 @ 79 wiring schematics

1979 Bronco Brochure @ https://www.xr793.com/wp-content/uploads/2020/07/1979-Ford-Bronco.pdf via Dezo's Garage

1979 Ford Bronco vs. Blazer Article by Ford via Indybronco @ 1978 Ford Bronco Bronco vs. Blazer (79) pictures, videos, and sounds | SuperMotors.net

Ford Shop Manual Diagrams: 1978-1979 Full Size Shop Manuals, partial @ Technical Diagrams Archives
My Tablet takes hours to download, so try the first in this list as long as you have Adobe Acrobat 9 or later installed.
Includes:
This complete manual for the 1972-1979 Ford Bronco Includes '78 Brakes Diagram, Gas Tank Setup Diagram
Body Manuals & Diagrams Download PDF This complete manual for the 1972-1979 Ford Bronco Includes; Upper Body Diagram, Front Clip Diagram, heater Ducts Diagram, Tailgate Diagram, Console Diagram, Front Clip Diagram, Grill Setup Diagram, Heater Controls Diagram, Interior Trip Diagram, Rear Sheetmetal Diagram, Tiltwheel Diagram, Tire Rack

Partial Chilton Manual for 1978, 1979, 1980, 1981 Bronco. Scanned by broncocity.com @ Bronco City
GL!
My friend ordered parts for his 49 Ford coupe and said they were also 18 gauge. He was really pleased whit the parts and service. He recommended them. I think I might try the glue. I,ve heard good things about it too. Thanks Mike and for serving our country and to all those who are and did.

johnnyreb

Reaction score
My friend ordered parts for his 49 Ford coupe and said they were also 18 gauge. He was really pleased whit the parts and service. He recommended them. I think I might try the glue. I,ve heard good things about it too. Thanks Mike and for serving our country and to all those who are and did.
They also make parts for other makes and models. They have a couple of video,s .The gentleman talks about what they do,use and explains everything real simple and you can understand him good.

OP
OP
W

wobbly-pop

Reaction score
called mills supply out of stock, waiting on sherman to give me the gauge metal they use

johnnyreb

Reaction score
i may just use arch patch panels. i guess i can make expensive wall hanger out of the quarters i puchased. so many places selling junk these days with no accounta Send them back. That why some companys sale junk. They realy on the customer keeping them.

johnnyreb

Reaction score
I bought a fuel pump at theis parts store and it went out. I took it back and the guy would not replace it or refund my money. So I told him that ,s ok. Give the damn thing back or I,ll take it. Then he asked me if it was,nt any good.Why did I wasnt it, I told him I was gonna hang it on the wall and every time some one came in. I was gonna tell them how you did me -and I did,

NotaVegetarian

Reaction score
This quick attachment body adhesive.

Really good stuff

johnnyreb

Reaction score
I saw on Rock Auto. Where you can get the whole quater panel --18 gauge buy Goodmark for $286 plus shipping

OP
OP
W

wobbly-pop

Reaction score
quess ill go with patch panels as im still licking my wounds from the 750 bucks i paid bronco graveyard . besides everyone i call is either out of stalk or dont have time to answer my request of the gauge metal they use.

OP
OP
W

wobbly-pop

Reaction score
i called goodmark and he said all of these replacement panel are stamped by apex. and different names are placed on them. then he tried to tell me 22 gauge is stock thickness for sheetmetal on 1978 bronco. i called sherman and he said he would e-mail me back but never did. getting very dishearted and wish i had not started this project

johnnyreb

Reaction score
i called goodmark and he said all of these replacement panel are stamped by apex. and different names are placed on them. then he tried to tell me 22 gauge is stock thickness for sheetmetal on 1978 bronco. i called sherman and he said he would e-mail me back but never did. getting very dishearted and wish i had not started this project
Have you contacted Mill supply in Ohio?

miesk5

96 Bronco 5.0
Staff member
Reaction score
i may just use arch patch panels. i guess i can make expensive wall hanger out of the quarters i puchased. so many places selling junk these days with no accountability
Yo Pop (I'm a 75 yo Pop-Pop),
Mill Supply;
Call them again and confirm gauge.
"If you have any question or would like help with ordering please contact us via email or give us a call at 800-888-5072 between 8:00 a.m. - 5:00 p.m. E.S.T. and one of our experienced representatives will be happy to help you."

johnnyreb

Reaction score
Yo wobbly-pop,
Welcome!
As johnnyreb advised,

Includes:

GL!
I remeber seeing a tool. I think from Eastwood. That off set the piece you were gonna add to. After you dimpled the metal. You laid in the new part and it was smooth.Then you added in materal to cover up . To make it look like 1 piece.Do you recall the tools name or saw it?