Radiator

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

remercroft

Reaction score
i was looking for bubbles in my radiator and saw small particules floating in the fluid. sortta looked like tiny pieces of tissue. there were no bubbles thou. also had a small elastic piece float up. it was orange in color and was elastic like a rubber band. i think it was a hardened piece of gasket sealer. anyone know where it could of come from. i have been having over heating problems. i take it with the small particules i might need to flush the system. does anyone one have a thought on this ?

Wildturkey

Reaction score
How long did it take for the water to get hot to the touch?Small particles can come from about anything in the engine.If having overheating problems have you replaced the thermostat yet?How about the radiator cap?You wont really see bubbles in a radiator,Just when the thermostat opens you will see a movement of the antifreeze.Maybe a little overflowing.

STLKIKN

Reaction score
Well, the "orange elastic" sounds like it may be a silicone sealant, it could come from any where in the water jacket of your engine that has been sealed with that substance. ( t-stat housing, timing cover, corners of the intake gasket for examples)

The small particles could be naturally occuring particulates that have formed as the coolant in your engine has aged. (rust, corrosion of the tubes etc) OR they could be remenants of some type of cooling system "stop leak" that had been used in your engine in the past.

You should have your cooling system professionally flushed, if there are deposits built up in the system, they can cause overheating problems.

Did you ever get your timing problems figured out? Improper timing can cause overheating issues as well.

Last edited by a moderator:
OP
OP
R

remercroft

Reaction score
i took it and got the radiator flushed today. they had to stop once or twice due to it getting hot. they said it was because it had air pockets in it and they said they got rid of most of them. the next step is the timing. an hints on how to do that would be nice. some have mentioned a new radiator cap. what type should i look for? thanks for the help

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Boone_23