question on suspension

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

bigbronco82

Reaction score
There was a poll on here asking which suspension was the best. and staying on this...it is time for me to look and eventually get new shocks and springs. anyone know which ones have best rep and mots reliable..I am only building this bronco for moderat to decent four wheelin..no crawlin obviously. and yet be decent to drive on the street once in a while...i know it may not be no air ride..but you all know what i am gettin at. anyone know for either? cause the only one i know of are the superlifts and the ranchos? anything else thats flippin awesome?

ocalabronco

Reaction score
there's a few to look at. superlift, rancho, skyjacker, BDS, tough country, and a few others. superlift, skyjacker, and rancho are all going to be $$, but good quality. tough country has not gotten good reviews from what i've seen. i have heard nothing by good reviews about BDS's suspension when it comes to customer service and price. quality on their stuff is pretty close to top notch. whatever you do, jump for the full system, not the basic kit. even though you are only getting a mild lift, blocks are still not very good to run for rear lift, stick with new rear springs. they'll ride better too. good luck with your search. post up more questions as they occur to you

OP
OP
B

bigbronco82

Reaction score
thats why i was asking, b/c i was gonna get shocks and springs, but no blocks. can you tell i have no real clue on what i want haha.. but thanks, good stuff. what would you personally reccommend..word of mouth runs alot with me if u have used and it was awesome...good chance for me ya know

ocalabronco

Reaction score
i used to have a superlift kit on my truck, and really liked it. now i have superlift springs on the front, and they are kinda stiff but they flex nicely. i know BDS has some really good components and they wont break the bank either. skyjacker is good too, but i've heard mixed reviews on their product. and rancho is really nice, but they are damn spendy. if i had to pick one and i was on a budget, i'd go with the BDS

viper

Reaction score
I know we dont like to talk about inferior vehicles like mopar, but in 1990 I bought a 3/4 ton diesel 4x4 straight cab long box. With that heavy an engine and hi torque they put the heaviest components they had in em, dana 70 rear dana 60 steer,and leafs for a one ton.needless to say it rode like a freakin hardtail.I plow snow with an 8' foot western and have a 150 gallon fuel tank in the back. So we are talking serious weight.I put in a skyjacker softride front and rear with a 2" lift & and have never been sorry. IT rides great and has no trouble totin the weight,its kinda spendy but my only regret was I didnt do it sooner.Money well spent $-)

ocalabronco

Reaction score
good input, but thats a totally different vehicle with a different suspension setup and different spring rates. i was saying skyjacker doesnt make good stuff, im saying i've heard mixed reviews and their prices are rather high.

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
JohnK