Qestion

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Nash

Reaction score
Hi guys, I have a 1995 F-150 2WD V8 AUTO

Im looking to convert my truck into a 4X4, and was wondering if yall could take a look at this link, and tell me if this axle would work for what im looking to do, and what other items im going to have to look at buying if I purchase this axle. Thank you in advance,

Nash

LINK: http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/ws/eBayISAP...2071&rd=1,1

Justbust1n

Reaction score
shewww man that is gonna be a job but hey it will be a new experience hummm i would suggest lookin at how much its gonna cost first because you gonna need a transfer case, front drive shaft , are you gonna go with leaf springs up front, are you gonna go with a striaght axle or an independent , make sure the gears are the smae in the front end ... r u gonna go with a dana 44 and you have to figure out if your gonna make it a button push four wheel drive or your gonna send the four wheel drive shifter threw the floor, need more information find out that stuff and you might have some kinda idea on what its gonna take

ocalabronco

Reaction score
well, actually its not QUITE as complicated as justbustin is saying, but it is labor and time intensive. my advice to you is, if you're converting to 4WD, dont even bother with the TTB. go right to using a solid axle, most likely a dana 44 high pinion unit out of a 78/79 bronco or f-150. but here are some things that you are going to need to completely finish the swap

- decide on what front suspension you wanna run ( TTB or solid)

-depending on what transmission you have, you will either need to get one with a 4wd tailhousing and output shaft, or source a 4wd tailhousing and output shaft. otherwise, unless you want to run a divorced transfer case, it wont bolt up.

- you will need to have a front driveshaft either made, or find one in a junkyard and have it adjusted to fit. with the added length of the new transmission/transfer case combo, your stock rear shaft will need to be shortened.

do lots of research around here, on FSB, and also around the internet. i know there is lots of information to be had on this subject. good luck

Yardape

Reaction score
Yes thats will work for your swap, But it does not end there like justbustin said, you need quite a bit more than that.

The best way is get a donor, I tell everyone, pretty much for every swap the easiest thing to do is get a donor truck to swap everything out of, much cheaper and way less headaches

Last edited by a moderator:

Justbust1n

Reaction score
Yes thats will work for your swap, But it does not end there like justbustin said, you need quite a bit more than that.

The best way is get a donor, I tell everyone, pretty much for every swap the easiest thing to do is get a donor truck to swap everything out of, much cheaper and way less headaches
thanx yardape , unlike some you got to understand not everyone has the money or the experience to do these types of things i was just warning and advising the guy on what its gonna take, just warning :) /emoticons/[email protected] 2x" width="20" height="20" /> but hey everyone has to dive in the fun sometime ... i hope you get what you want man and make a bada$$ truck either way... keep in touch i wanna see it unfold , kick the tire and light the fires ..

Last edited by a moderator:
OP
OP
N

Nash

Reaction score
thanx yardape , unlike some you got to understand not everyone has the money or the experience to do these types of things i was just warning and advising the guy on what its gonna take, just warning :) but hey everyone has to dive in the fun sometime ... i hope you get what you want man and make a bada$$ truck either way... keep in touch i wanna see it unfold , kick the tire and light the fires ..
Awsome, thank you guys for your help, im already looking at a Transfer case, but i like the idea of a donor car, oh well. I'll be sure to post some pics after im done....which wont be too soon lol

well thanks again guys, great advice

-Nash

Picture_0024.jpg

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
tsebalj