Project Tetanus/ the mail order Bronco.

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

johnnyreb

Reaction score
thanks. yeah I prefer to buy from many places. I think it helps everyone. more competition means better prices and more products. I am excited for the future of the Bronco. while this is my first one to own, I have loved them for years. Sorry to hear about your Dad. its never easy to lose a parent no matter how old they get. At least with my Dad, I could see how miserable he was in his last couple years. while he was not all that old, his health had deteriorated badly and he had been in the hospital several times. and basically he was ready. so it made it a little easier. but I am struggling with a new problem now, and could use his help, and I still have all his tools kept in his tool box just like when he was alive, the other day I forgot to put one of his snap on wrenches back in its spot, and when I saw it i said oops sorry Dad, out loud. I am sure he got a kick out of it wherever he is lol.
I do the same thing,but when mom was living she would get on me for not useing his tools and wanted to know why/ I told her if I lost one or broke one I d get mad at myself and I,ll just go buy one and if I loose it or break it--it would be mine and I wouldn,t be mad over dad,s tools. I ,ll even ask him sometimes if something has me stumped and it seems like I figure it out then and get the feeling he,s looking down grinning. Look up and say hi to your dad for me. It,ll me you smile.

OP
OP
mustanggarage

mustanggarage

Reaction score
I do the same thing,but when mom was living she would get on me for not useing his tools and wanted to know why/ I told her if I lost one or broke one I d get mad at myself and I,ll just go buy one and if I loose it or break it--it would be mine and I wouldn,t be mad over dad,s tools. I ,ll even ask him sometimes if something has me stumped and it seems like I figure it out then and get the feeling he,s looking down grinning. Look up and say hi to your dad for me. It,ll me you smile.
Lol. I thought I lost his 7/16 shorty wrench so I went on eBay and bought one. The day after it was delivered. I found it. But yeah. That’s pretty much the way it is lol

OP
OP
mustanggarage

mustanggarage

Reaction score
I haven't posted much lately because i had some engine problems. they were my fault, but Blueprint stepped up and helped me out. anyway I had to pull the engine and send it back to have some work done to it. the good news is that gave me an opportunity to fix a few small issues. I re worked the heater hose so it looks neater by using a foxbody hard line.

0N4P96b.jpg

and I added a fire extinguisher to the back in case I have anymore screwups smh.

3lx4XGh.jpg

the Bronco was unfortunately sidelined for the Moab show and the Paola kansas shows I was hoping to take it too, but I decided to take the mustang to the kansas show because Stacey David was there. I got him to sign a picture of the Bronco and got to talk to him about it for a while. its come a long way since it was on his show.

ZhHIywV.jpg

vCwLt64.jpg

I am fully up and running again, and the bronco is running better than ever. thanks Blueprint engines

BYmYcwh.jpg

Last edited:

johnnyreb

Reaction score
I haven't posted much lately because i had some engine problems. they were my fault, but Blueprint stepped up and helped me out. anyway I had to pull the engine and send it back to have some work done to it. the good news is that gave me an opportunity to fix a few small issues. I re worked the heater hose so it looks neater by using a foxbody hard line.

View attachment 28054

and I added a fire extinguisher to the back in case I have anymore screwups smh.

View attachment 28055

the Bronco was unfortunately sidelined for the Moab show and the Paola kansas shows I was hoping to take it too, but I decided to take the mustang to the kansas show because Stacey David was there. I got him to sign a picture of the Bronco and got to talk to him about it for a while. its come a long way since it was on his show.

View attachment 28056

View attachment 28057

I am fully up and running again, and the bronco is running better than ever. thanks Blueprint engines

View attachment 28058
Did you let David take it for a spin. He,s a funny guy. Used to enjoy his show. They must have taken it off. I,ll better he gave you some laughs.Congradulations with your bronco and meeting with him.

Seabee1966/1994

Reaction score
Please accept my Condolences on the passing of your Father.
Al
My condolences also, I see you were able to enjoy your Dad to the end. Our parents are so important to our being what we are! Sometimes not realizing this until it's too late. Also onto the Bronco, no wonder you keep your work and don't sell them!!

chrlsful

Reaction score
sending my condolences for the loss. Mine (94 and 10 mo, almost made it) passed right B4 the covid.
I imagine this thread as 'display". I see a full garage, nother 4 wheeler. This 1 a lill different, I wonder if the rug/no rug issue has been completed. If not U may wish to consider ceramic heat lowering paint, heat shields, etc during this stage. Have fun!

Any time U wish to contract out the 4 legged consultants let me know...

OP
OP
mustanggarage

mustanggarage

Reaction score
sending my condolences for the loss. Mine (94 and 10 mo, almost made it) passed right B4 the covid.
I imagine this thread as 'display". I see a full garage, nother 4 wheeler. This 1 a lill different, I wonder if the rug/no rug issue has been completed. If not U may wish to consider ceramic heat lowering paint, heat shields, etc during this stage. Have fun!

Any time U wish to contract out the 4 legged consultants let me know...
Thanks. When I did the interior I put lizard skin heat shield and sound barrier down before the raptor liner. It works amazingly well. I really don’t feel much heat coming through the floor. This is my first bronco but as I understand it there is usually quite a bit, so it must work pretty good

johnnyreb

Reaction score
Sorry to hear about your dad. Working close with him and tinkering. I know the feeling. Look up ,he,ll be watching over you and correct you sometimes and get a laugh out of you. It happens to many of us.

OP
OP
mustanggarage

mustanggarage

Reaction score
just a few random pictures from last week.
B76F65D8-5F44-4571-9E96-838E7FFFEA09.jpeg

Attachments

• 0433798A-71B8-4CF8-BFDD-67F06F7C6CF3.jpeg
    0433798A-71B8-4CF8-BFDD-67F06F7C6CF3.jpeg
    448 KB · Views: 2
  • 2D9BAF50-CC19-45EA-A676-157814BEDFB4.jpeg
    2D9BAF50-CC19-45EA-A676-157814BEDFB4.jpeg
    441.8 KB · Views: 2
  • A023B639-F645-462C-A717-0D8EB1AA3A7B.jpeg
    A023B639-F645-462C-A717-0D8EB1AA3A7B.jpeg
    424.4 KB · Views: 2
  • 58F66CA8-8BCF-4DAF-B90F-3DB7F94FB653.jpeg
    58F66CA8-8BCF-4DAF-B90F-3DB7F94FB653.jpeg
    421.3 KB · Views: 2
  • 22C66560-442A-4D72-BA72-54198E9EC3C4.jpeg
    22C66560-442A-4D72-BA72-54198E9EC3C4.jpeg
    445.6 KB · Views: 3

johnnyreb

Reaction score
That didn,t look that bad of shape. I have seen alot worse. I know where their is one.With high weeds up around it . This or next week .When I start driving my bronco on the road. I,m planning on going and look at it. I HOPE I CAN DRIVE IT--Seems like everytime I do.Something else happens-grrr

OP
OP
mustanggarage

mustanggarage

Reaction score
That didn,t look that bad of shape. I have seen alot worse. I know where their is one.With high weeds up around it . This or next week .When I start driving my bronco on the road. I,m planning on going and look at it. I HOPE I CAN DRIVE IT--Seems like everytime I do.Something else happens-grrr
it was worse than it looked. the hood had been replaced, so it was ok, the fenders were fiberglass, they didn't fix any of the under structure, and it was all completely rusted through. the foor pans, they had just welded metal in on top of the old metal, covering up the body mount bolts, they had welded sheetmetal in on top of the vent holes, and just left all the rotted metal hanging under the dash, both a and b pillars had holes through them, and every single body panel had rust holes in it, to someone with excellent body shop skills it is possible it could have been rebuilt, but to pay someone to do it, it was much cheaper just to buy a new body. I bought the complete body, hood, dooors, fenders everything for $12000.00 body shop prices are outrageous. don't get me wrong, I know how much work it takes to get good results, and I don't begrudge them making a living, its just in a pure cost benefit analysis, I could get a new body, all new sheet metal for less than it would cost to repair this one, and there is always going to be more rust left behind on something like this.

Attachments

• IMG_3661.jpg
    IMG_3661.jpg
    118.2 KB · Views: 3
  • IMG_3663.jpg
    IMG_3663.jpg
    80 KB · Views: 3
  • IMG_3665.jpg
    IMG_3665.jpg
    137.4 KB · Views: 3
  • IMG_3667.jpg
    IMG_3667.jpg
    113.8 KB · Views: 2
  • IMG_3713.jpg
    IMG_3713.jpg
    141.7 KB · Views: 3
  • IMG_3714.jpg
    IMG_3714.jpg
    71 KB · Views: 2
  • IMG_3715.jpg
    IMG_3715.jpg
    164.6 KB · Views: 2

johnnyreb

Reaction score
it was worse than it looked. the hood had been replaced, so it was ok, the fenders were fiberglass, they didn't fix any of the under structure, and it was all completely rusted through. the foor pans, they had just welded metal in on top of the old metal, covering up the body mount bolts, they had welded sheetmetal in on top of the vent holes, and just left all the rotted metal hanging under the dash, both a and b pillars had holes through them, and every single body panel had rust holes in it, to someone with excellent body shop skills it is possible it could have been rebuilt, but to pay someone to do it, it was much cheaper just to buy a new body. I bought the complete body, hood, dooors, fenders everything for $12000.00 body shop prices are outrageous. don't get me wrong, I know how much work it takes to get good results, and I don't begrudge them making a living, its just in a pure cost benefit analysis, I could get a new body, all new sheet metal for less than it would cost to repair this one, and there is always going to be more rust left behind on something like this.
Sorta sound like the NICE LOOKING one I bought. In the winter. Come spring I crawled under it and all the bushing and parts were either missing--or broke. Looks can fool a guy. I went down to St Albans,W.Va. to buy a 65 Mustang. I knew the guy a few years and he used to drive the car up hear. He sent me pictures and said the body was in good shape. I hired a friend to take me down and haul it back. When I got their. Hie garage was built down in a hole. He told me the motor and transmission was stuck. I asked to raise the hood. He said go ahed. I raised it and right off the bat. The shock tower was rusted bad. I asked to look under neither and he said go ahead--then he said my son-in law and I put a NEW CARPET in it. Got down and looked atwhat USED to be a floor. Their was one hole you could put a basket ball through. The only thing I seen holding it together was a little metal behind the chrome on the bottom. I told him I,ll pass. Its in too bad a shape and to try and winch it onto the trailer--down in the hole. Would break it into. He got mad and said what about me staying hear waiting on you for 2 hours. I looked at him and asked him what about me. He lied about the condition the car was in.He put a new carpet in to hide the rust and it cost me money to have him come down hear to haul it? He shut up. He wanted $3500. I told him I wouldn,t give him $35 for it .All a person would get is the glass and chrome.and a mess to pick up. Came back home. Two days later I bought a 77 Firebired 10 miles from home for $1,200 in alot better shape and I drove it home. Looks came deceive a person and their are alot of DISHONEST PEOPLE out their. You have a good looking ride now .After all the money and hard work you put into it. Congratulations.

chrlsful

Reaction score
"...I put lizard skin heat shield and sound barrier down before the raptor liner..."
What was the sandwiched in sound barrier? Which was 1st & 2nd when laid down? Any spec prep or timing between layers?

OP
OP
mustanggarage

mustanggarage

Reaction score
"...I put lizard skin heat shield and sound barrier down before the raptor liner..."
What was the sandwiched in sound barrier? Which was 1st & 2nd when laid down? Any spec prep or timing between layers?
I used lizard skin sound barrier and their ceramic heat shield here is a link to their instructions. https://lizardskin.com/wp-content/uploads/2021/05/LS-Instructions-2021.pdf

basically I scuffed the primer with a scotch brite first. then cleaned it with a tack rag. then I put on the sound control first 2 coats wait an hour or 2 then put the second coat on. it took a bit over a gallon to cover the interior. I bought 2 gallons of each in a kit from jegs and I had a fair amount left over. after I put the second coat on I let it cure for 24 hours and then applied the heat shield. waited 24 hours and then the raptor liner. I was doing it during a pretty bad hot spell, so it was pretty warm during the day and relatively low humidity at the time, so it cured pretty fast. they recommend 24-48 hours between coats. It seems pretty durable so far, and I am impressed with how little heat I feel through the floor. both my mustangs are way worse. I might have to lizard skin them one of these days. it was really pretty easy to do.

chrlsful

Reaction score
thnx. (not ck ur link yet) So one basic on these 3 coats (multi spray w/each) is to use the same co's products on all layers? I am not a body'n paint man but have shootz and paint guns.

The stang U can put a rug /pad - all sorta stuff. I can't on the bronk. May use 1/8 inch alu on tube nuts as heat shield below floor but would really like to tuck the exhaust up hi under there. These 3 don't burn?

OP
OP
mustanggarage

mustanggarage

Reaction score
thnx. (not ck ur link yet) So one basic on these 3 coats (multi spray w/each) is to use the same co's products on all layers? I am not a body'n paint man but have shootz and paint guns.

The stang U can put a rug /pad - all sorta stuff. I can't on the bronk. May use 1/8 inch alu on tube nuts as heat shield below floor but would really like to tuck the exhaust up hi under there. These 3 don't burn?
the heat shield is really effective. I a running long tube headers and the mufflers are tucked up pretty high. I get very little heat through the floor. on the mustangs I do have some of the carpet underlayment heat shield stuff, but it is not as good as the lizardskin.

OP
OP
mustanggarage

mustanggarage

Reaction score
I was getting ready for my first show for the Bronco. so I had this sign made.
artOcMV.jpg

I also bought myself a new toy. this is a remote control cooler. it was a lot of fun at the show lol.

I put some bronco script decals on the side of it, but I did not take any pictures of it yet.

PqCwKFb.jpg

9d2msYY.jpg

OP
OP
mustanggarage

mustanggarage

Reaction score
the car show was nice. there were 3 nice broncos there. and we were put in a class of 1960 and up trucks. it was the largest class there with over 30 really nice rigs. 3 broncos. the maroon one next to mine got first place, I got second, and a pretty cool f 100 got third. not too bad for the first show.

35mYKLN.jpg

7yaQgqw.jpg

Z4NzwKC.jpg

Staff online

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ReturnToHangar