Power Steering

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

biggnat79

Reaction score
Just put a new power steering pump in my 1990 Bronco 5.0 and now the serpentine belt slightly slipping off of the crankshaft pulley. I replaced the automatic belt tensioner, and put a new serpentine belt on, but I am still having the same problem. The pulley is on flush, and everything was put on exactly how it came off and torqued to specifications. Any suggestions on what the problem may be? Id hate to pay someone to fix it after I already put so much work into it.

Txquadhunter

Reaction score
look for a bad pulley in the system or something not inline. also be you H. balncer to make sure the rubber insurt riing is still good not causing the crank pulley to wobble. don't stick your hands down in there and bump the starter at the selaniod so you can watch to see where the belt starts moving over.

OP
OP
B

biggnat79

Reaction score
Thanks for the advice. After 3 more attempts at installing the pulley by hand, I got ****** off, pulled the pump out and gave it a piece of my mind. Then I bought a new one and used a friends torque wrench to put the new pulley on and everything is running smooth. Thanks again for the help.

OP
OP
B

biggnat79

Reaction score
The original problem was a leak in the powersteering pump. I replaced it and when I put the belt back on it was coming off of the crankshaft pulley about a quarter inch. I replaced the belt tensioner, the belt, and put a new powersteering pulley on. It turned out I just couldnt get the pulley all the way flush by hand. I pulled everything back out and used a friends torque wrench to put the pulley on and everything lined up and is working perfectly. Now I just need to fix the exhaust and figure out what is causing the sporadic idle and I will be able to start driving it regularly again.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Boone_23