plugs and carbs

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

84AZbronco

Reaction score
im looking to by an after market 4 bbl holley carb. i was wondering where was the cheapest place to find them? magazines? web sites? any sugestions welcomed. also i need to get some new plugs and wires? what brand should i go with for performance and where can i find them? thanx

BLADE262US

Reaction score
Well for a carb Id say ebay but with a carb theres alot of things that can be changed in them that will cause them to not quite run right and if you dont have much knowledge of how to tune them Id stay away from ebay or used carbs . Summit and jegs are very good places to get these carbs and you dont have to get a 750 double pumper for your stock motor chances are itll run worse then it did when you started . I have a very healthy 351W in my plowtruck and I run a brand new edelbrock model EDL-1406 its a 600 cfm carb for non emission use with electric choke its plenty of carb for it and works great its really cold in MI right now and I can go put pump it twice hit the key and go back in the house while it warms up havent had a problem yet . As for plugs and wires Im kinda partial to MSD and Bosh I run the MSD 8.8 mm wires and the Bosh platinum plus 4 plugs but Im sure the regular Bosh platinum plugs are just fine and your local parts stores premium plug wires will also work just fine for ya if you dont want to spend a bunch of money on them . Most important thing with the plug wires is to route them away from the manifolds or headers to avoid damaging them . Hope that helps :D /emoticons/[email protected] 2x" width="20" height="20" />

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
JohnK