Play In Your Steering Box? I Can Help <):)

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

commrad

Reaction score
I'm not sure how helpfull this will be to some people but it has saved me a few hundred $s in the past and it has never failed me. Basicly after you take your steering box off it only requiers a 14mm (9/16) socket or wrench and a tube of your favorite silicon sealer (I preffer OEM 999 grey, the import ***** if you've ever taken anything apart it was used on you know why :D /emoticons/[email protected] 2x" width="20" height="20" /> ) All so, I'm not sure exactly what years this covers but I have used it on an 88 Bronco II, 89 F-150, 91 F-150 and an 86 F-150 and a few others that I have no idea where they came from lieing in the floor of my friends shop. If any one is interested in this information either reply to this post or e-mail me at [email protected]

I haven't writen the step by step instuctions yet but I plan to this weekend and will either email it to you or maybe some one can find room to put it on their web site since I don't have mine anymore and have no intentions of starting one just to post these instuction (hey, I love my fellow Ford drivers but not enough to spend the money on a domain registration, sever space and my time to build the site, sorry guys/ girls).

letrain

Reaction score
i'm very interested!! and i had a web domain i havn't even started yet, but i have 10 gb of space ane 5 gb of bandwidth! i think just going to put everything i can think of on it, but deffinatly that if you want to, i need this info myself!

OP
OP
C

commrad

Reaction score
Ok, not even 24 hours and I've recived a few emails so I'll start work on the step by step and the photos wed night when i get off work, I should have the completed, step by step with photos completed by friday night and will try to start sending it out sat evening (sorry gota work a little sat).

By the way, this IS NOT a 5 minute fix, it will obviouslly take longer than just running out and buying a new/ rebuilt box, it generally takes me about a day (drive in and drive out) but that includes cure times for the sealant and A LOT of breaks for myself, a few phone calls and my dad noseing around the shop asking 2 million questions ect..

on avverage, for some one that hasn't did this before, I would say about 3-4 hours on the bench (most of which is cure time for lock tight and gasket goop) but the actual work takes me an average of about 30-45 minutes.

All so, I would make sure I have an alternate vehichle to go to the parts store incase you pop the cover and the ball drive falls apart (never had it happen but we all know Murphy).

Oh yeah, you all so need power steering fluid (this is a given but some one asked)

make it idot proof and some one will just build a better idiot :D /emoticons/[email protected] 2x" width="20" height="20" />

no offence to any one

OP
OP
C

commrad

Reaction score
The step by step istructions are ready if any one need them please feel free to email me for them or you can wait, another member with a domain has mentioned something about posting them on his site and posting a link here when it's ready.

OP
OP
C

commrad

Reaction score
well, I built it as a step by step proccedure with pictures ect.. and it's about 1 meg. I'm not really sure how to post all of that in a forum since I don't have the pictures on a server and I'm not opening my PC up to internet trafic.

OP
OP
C

commrad

Reaction score
I have changed the format of this instruction sheet to a PDF file because number one, it's about half the size, 2 it will be much more user friendly.

Anyon interested in reciveing the PDF file drop me an email with the subject as "send PDF" or something to that nature.

Thank you.

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
david@holycitytransportat